cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stamp Duty Tax Configuration in SAP Business One for Morocco in France Localization

nareshcr77
Explorer
0 Kudos

Scenario

As per Moroccan government norms, each sales invoice has a 0.25% stamp duty tax for all cash customers. Importantly, the tax should be calculated at the document level, not at the row or item level.

Currently, we have experience configuring tax codes at the row or item level according to government norms but are not aware of how to configure tax at the document level. It seems it might not be possible directly.

Assistance Needed

Please help us sort out this issue at the earliest. Specifically, we need guidance on:

1. How to configure the stamp duty tax at the document level.
  2. Any workaround will be there if its not available in standard SAP B1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Felipe_Lima
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @nareshcr77 ,

In essence, it's not possible to calculate tax at the document level, as details contained at the line level may be relevant for determining the tax, such as item, item group, g/l account, warehouse, and so on. Even though you might have an all-harmonized invoice where all the lines follow the same criteria for tax determination, the system structure is not designed for this, so you must inform the tax code on each line, as you are already doing.

The only thing I can think of as a workaround (considering I don't know the local rules), is using something that affects the document as a whole, like Freight, and create a new entry e.g. Stamp Duty Tax where you would set up the related G/L account to be credited in this transaction. The impacts of doing such a thing should be considered in all fronts, as usual. Sorry if that sound a little bit silly, but I can't go further here.

Good luck!

BR,
Felipe