Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR Integration with KRONOS

former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am looking for information on SAP Time mgmt integration with KRONOS time clock application. I understand that there are tools available in SAP HR for a seamless integration with KRONOS application (KRONOS being a certified ISV provider); So how does this work out? is there any documentation on how this can achieved etc?

regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

We went with Kronos as our consulting partner at the time indicated as you said that they were SAP certified and it would be a seamless integration with standard IDOCS. That was very far from the truth and to this day we would love to get rid of Kronos in favor of a true dummy clock system for collecting IN/OUT punches simply.

In the end we had to custom code an interface to send a MINIMASTER (employee data) file to the Kronos server via FTP as well as an interface to create a flat .txt file containing the punch data on the Kronos server that gets picked up and processed via PI (or XI to some) and then processed as an IDOC that eventually become 2011 records. We used 3 developers in house as well as having to retain a consultant to do the interfaces on the Kronos server. In the end it works pretty well but the support from the Kronos side has been awful and when we wanted to clear up some of the SQL punch tables we where told by Kronos we would have to purchase a separate archiving product. Instead I wrote a custom delete program. It was a huge project and cost and took more time than anyone anticipated. The only good thing I guess I could say Is we have been able to use the same IDOC and PI interface to process punch files we have coming from other countries clock systems.

But personally here in the US we did not have a good experience with Kronos and still have unresolved issues with license/support fees today.

Good luck,

Martha.

former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time to reply, Martha. This is a very old thread and I cant remember why I posted the question (7 long years!!). Sorry!

However we completed a fresh Kronos implementation early this year. I agree, even today there is no standard/pre-built interfaces with Kronos. We built a ABAP program to send data and receive files for payroll. In this implementation, we are not bringing punch data into SAP; all data is processed and kept in Kronos; we only receive hours/$$ from Kronos to load into Infotype 2010.

I fully appreciate your pain points as regards Kronos. We are also facing similar issues - licenses, support issues, performance problems. clock issues, Java issues, what not!! we are working to make things easier for the end user but its hard...

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martha,

I believe you are not alone in the desire to have a simple punch collection system for Kronos clocks without the headaches of Kronos software.  We modified our PDC Gateway tool to allow direct connection to Kronos clocks.  It can receive IDOCs like the MINIMASTER via ALE from SAP and post those employees directly to the clocks.  It can then capture the punches from the clocks and map them to the Time Events IDOC and send it to SAP also via ALE.  It is a very powerful tool that can not only handle the HR-PDC interface but also PP-PDC, PM and even CATS interfaces out of the box.

If you ever want to simplify your punch collection process check out the PDC Gateway from iomotion.

Thanks,

Darren

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience to integrate Kronus, it is not real seamless integration. We had to develop all custom interfaces (Webmethod, SAP ABAP). I don't understand what is SAP certified... Please advise me if I am incorrect.

ankitvasavada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Andy

We also develop all the programs using ABAP and now it is working fine.

Regards

Ankit Vasavada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy and Ankit,

Ayou guys in Australia? Just wondering whether you are using API or flat file interface for Kronos? Once the file imported into SAP, are you able to "reverse"/delete the original file if error is identified? Also would SAP Time able to automatically change any axcessive absence to unpaid absence? for example, if the Kronos import file had 10 hours Annual Leave, the employee only has 6 hours balance, would SAP Time split the hours into 6 hours AL and 4 hours leave without pay?

Thank you so much in advance. I appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Vera

ankitvasavada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vera

I am from India.

We put entire Time management and absent management with Kronos. we give kronos only employee master with CSV file and Kronos gives us the details of LOP and other time based allownance

Regards

Ankit Vasavada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

Thank you very much for your kind reply! 😃

Regards,
Vera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vera,

To answer your question.

1) A custom program can delete the original entries

2) A custom program can convert the excess hours into unpaid absences but it requires the absence to always check an absence quota, apply only the entitled hours as leave in the absence and then create another absence type -unpaid with the remaining hours.

All of the above can be done if a good functional spec and a good Technical programmer is available.

Regards

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hahaha

Dearest Harris!!!

Didn't even say goodbye? Thought we would see you last week..

You are a brilliant SAP Consultant. I certainly enjoyed working with you very much in the past month!

Did you see my Linkedin message? Hope we get to see you again.

All the best!

Vera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

We are planning integrate Time Management from SAP to Kronos.

How your are transfering the file from SAP to Kronos ??

Regards,

Santhoshi.

ankitvasavada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santoshi

We have written the program for all the details required by Kronos and program put the CSV file to a FTP location from where kronos pics up the file,

I think we can map Data base to database also with tcode as DBCO.

when we need payroll resul then we gave to format to Kronos and kronos gives us the data of LWP in our given format. and we process using Bapis.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ankit Vasavada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for the response:)

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

We are looking for similar solution, from your above response. Can you please share the bapis you are using to process KRONOS data in SAP.

Thanks,
Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the PDC Gateway prebuilt interface from iomotion.  It will handle most SAP to Kronos interfaces out of the box.  It uses Standard Kronos APIs and standard SAP IDOCs and BAPIs.  There are no flat files needed with this interface solution.

Thanks,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The link you have to create how you are trying to pay?

it is HR payroll?

Where you are putting this values ( Time ) and what purpose you are using??

All that affects .

Manoj Shakya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Yes definitely there are some docs regarding kronos with SAP.

Pl search on google.

because when I was in ERP HR So i saw so many documents relating to kronos and SAP.

regards,

kumar