Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AFS Upgrade from version 5.0 to 6.4

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to know if someone here was familiar with the SAP AFS upgrade from 5.0 to 6.4. I wanted to know how exactly they improved the areas listed below. (obtained from SAP Course). Your help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/globaltabbedcourse.epx?context=%5b%5b|wdedaf||1||de|%5...

1) Improvements in the areas of planned independent requirements, seasonal concept, value add services, Combined order, productionu2013 warehouse interface

2) Production Planning Basic Data - Enhancements of AFS Bill of Material (AFS BOM), SKU Group Based Routing

3) Manufacturing Execution u2013 Collective Planned Order Conversion, Combined Order Confirmations

4) Batch Determination/Classification for SAP Apparel and Footwear

5) Handling Unit Management for AFS

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Instead of new implementation upgradation will solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

for making the upgradationfrom 5.0. to 6.4 they have to add required patches to map scenario

Regards

ronny

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the reply!

These patches you speak of, is it for the types of issues I mentioned in my first post or do they cover the entire AFS functionality? I assume it still requires complex configurations but are there a lot of complications with going from AFS 5.0 to 6.4, compared to a new AFS 6.4 implementation? Specifically with the grids, categories and BOMs?

/Cheers

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

anyone?