cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring run in background job

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what forum to post this issue but the previous topics I have searched on were posted in this forum.    My issue is about recurring runs via a background job and that the recurring program should automatically start on its own.  I was able to set this up by adding a step for program RSBDCSUB.    Unfortunately, the program ran all new and open batch input sessions.   I look into other RSBDC* available programs and I can see a lot of batch input programs to choose from but not sure if it would suit my reqt.   Is there a way so that the batch job can be restricted to a specific batch session?  Apologies on this question because I am more of a functional person.  

Thank you for all the help.

BR,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RSBDCSUB is the right program. There are parameters for restricting the sessions to process: under "Session status", you should choose "new" only. You can also choose by session name and restrict according the creation date. Save your parameters in a variant and run RSBDCSUB with this variant.

0 Kudos

Many thanks for this Henri.  I was able to fix my batch job by creating a variant.

BR,

Tess

Answers (0)