Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MS-Sharepoint as a content server from ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, gurus.

From the

[SAP Content Server Installation Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/cfa73246-0a01-0010-71b4-bc21ccb45c99&overrid...]

...you will find this information:

You can find a description of the SAP Content Server Interface in the SAP Library (on the documentation CD or under www.//help.sap.com) under SAP Web Application Server u2192 Basis Services u2192 Knowledge Provider u2192 Content Management Service u2192 SAP Content Server HTTP Interface. If you want to integrate another content server into your network, the new content server must fulfil the requirements of the interface.

My simple question is:

Is it possible to use MS Sharepoint as a content server from ECC 6.0 ?

Please advice.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Thanks very much, your answers are very helpful.

To use SharePoint as SAP DMS for document management. We have depend on the 3rd party products like iNet.DM from ERP.Link or Duet Enterprise and separate licenses required for products?

Without this 3rd party products, it is not possible to use SharePoint as SAP DMS?

What is best and cost effective way of achieving this requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Did you find out how to do that without third party ?

I have the same requirement here (Use Sharepoint 2013 as repository for SAP DMS).

Regards,

Nicolas

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

No, I am still searching for best solution with out using the third party products. could you please share with me if you find any best way and i do share with you.

Thanks & Regards,

Venky.

satishkumar_kirla
Participant
0 Kudos

hi venkatesh,

i have the similar requirement... may i know how you achieved it?

karim_benakli_kb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, in our case YAC for SharePoint.