cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Business Partners

0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I have a problem to update Business Partners with DTW, version 2005.0.11, patch level is 39. I cannot update any field (for example pricelistnum), always get error message "can not find this object in B1applicaton". Import works well.

We just changed to the newest patch level. In October I still could work in update-mode and updated business partners and warehouse-items several times.

I read in help-file that for update shall use only columns with modified values. In my case I tried with

RecordKey, CardCode, PriceListNum

Is there any other hook for update-mode or do I lack a DTW-update??

Thank you very much for any help and merry Chistmas to all of you!

Regards, Fritz

View Entire Topic
former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

I suggest to use DTW 2005.0.14, if you are using 6.80.20.39 version of SAP B1. Uploading your template using the DTW for 39 PL.

The object actually could change according to its patch level. You could also use patch level notes to find out if there are changes in DTW of previous version.

Rgds,

0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy

Thank you but I'm not successfull. I installed DTW 6.5.11 on my PC (that's the only alternative version that I have), but I'm not even able to establish a connection to the server.

I don't know where I can download version 2005.0.14 that you recommend me.

I also tried what Suda told me to do. I changed the value of RecordKey to the value of DocEntry and I tried to add column DocEntry. All fails.

It seems I have to wait for tomorrow and hope our SAP-agent will work.

Regards, Fritz

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fritz,

The DTW version 2005.0.14 can be found inside folder Packages of your Patch 39 files. If you extrated Patch 39 zip, you should look inside \Packages\Data Transfer Workbench.

If you do not find your Patch 39 files you can download the same from

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/swdc

Click on Search for Software and type "SAP Business One" and you will see link for all the Patches for all SBO versions. Chose you version and you will get to Patch 39.

Also check https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000768342007E

Suda

0 Kudos

Suda & Jimmy

Thank you so much for your help. I installed DTW again as Suda told me and now it works the same like before upgrading. Everything fine.

Merry Christmas to all of you and happy new Year!

Fritz

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Fritz.

Best wishes

Suda

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

I do not understand that I did not receive point since the idea behind the suggestion of using DTW 2005.0.14 came from me, he...he...he.... I thought you also give the point to me although I am not a forum point seeker.

Season's greetings...

Rgds,

0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy

You are right, I was really thinking about it. I wished I could give the points to both of you. I chose Suda because he was the first who offered the help and the last who told me where I find the files. Nevertheless you gave the key information and I'm very thankful to you, too. The help of both of you is a real christmas-gift for me, because I need to finish the migration as fast as possible. If I couldn't update data, I would have a sleepless time and the head full of worries instead of enjoying christmas.

Good luck to you, our great SAP-expert!

Regards, Fritz