Both are different chart of depreciation

Please advise!!

Thank you

Bali

SYST: You cannot change the depreciation periods

Message no. AA662

Asset affected: 000000010301-0000

Diagnosis

Processing terminated because the number of depreciation periods in company code D017 has been changed. However, you cannot change the number of periods in your live (productive) system.

Procedure

Change the depreciation periods back to the original value in company code D017. The number of depreciation periods is determined by the fiscal year version and the use of half-periods. At least one of these parameters was changed.

If you want to change your system so that you can now work with half-periods, you have to use depreciation keys with time-dependent period control in that company code.

If you need to make general changes to the number of periods for calculating depreciation per fiscal year, you will have to consult your system administrator.

Edited by: Bali1972 on May 20, 2008 7:06 PM

Edited by: Bali1972 on May 21, 2008 12:32 AM

View Entire Topic
larry_lawson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can someone help, am having the same problem. Is this system (ECC 6.0) error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check :aa:valuation:use half month

Please check use half month for company code

larry_lawson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Valuation-->FI AA: Half-monthly data for company code has been set "15" midmonth. Still the error message still continue to displayed.

I think EA-FIN extension set must be activated for "time-dependent depreciation term" functionality in ECC 6.00 for the error to go away.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr. Lawson.

Nope... not related to EA-FIN.

larry_lawson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how to resolve the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

remove the 15 day and try it. Is this new company code?

--send me the screen shoot

Regards

Thiru

larry_lawson
Explorer
0 Kudos

No, this is not a NEW company code. The asset is part of legacy asset converted into SAP Asset Accountiung system.

Use of half-month data field is BLANK. Execute AS02 to changed the depreciation term (Useful life). I received the error messages from depreciation calculation:

10 Federal tax ACRS/MACRS

E662 SYST: You cannot change the depreciation periods.

thx

srinivasavepa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Larry,

Even I have a similar situation like this. In my case, the value of 15 exists in the Half monthly data for company code.Even then this error exists.

However, since I am working in a test enviornment, I have plans to reset the depreciation posted and run the depreciation again. This can not be done in a production system as you are aware of.

Probably you must have seen the answer given by Blaz Lokar in this forum. Looks like some programmatic correction is needed.

Srinivasa Vepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

the problem appears when a depreciation key without midmonth/quarter/year convention is already assigned to the ACRs/macrs area.

Pls. try to change the depkey to "0000" and save the asset, after this enter a depkey with midmonth/quarter/year convention.

This was working in our system, hopefully it works in your release.

Best regards

Horst

srinivasavepa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nopes. It did not work. The same error while trying to save the asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

I got this error AA662 "You cannot change the depreciation periods" in Production system when running settlement program (T.code CJ88) from WBS to AUC.

I just got this error few months back, previously the settlement program runs well.

Could you please explain what do you mean by "Dep Key with or without midmonth/quarter/year convention"? Is it set up under t.code AFAMA in the configuration? It'd be great if you could give me the print screen of this config.

Thank you so much for your kind help. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Mayting