cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Purchased part becomes multiple stock components

gwilym
Discoverer

Hi All

I hope the clever people can assist with a query for SAP ECC6 - MM and Purchasing.

We buy a single part number from a supplier. It is a kit consisting of 4 different parts, for example a bolt, a nut, a flat washer and a spring-washer. They are only supplied as a single part number.

We receive this single part number but then want to separate out the components as we will only make use of the bolt and the spring washer. Is there an easy way to buy one material number but then have it automatically split into 2 separate material numbers when receipted?

View Entire Topic
anti-matter
Participant

Hello,

I think, you can manage this with the help of BoM usage with regards to a leading material (kit) which will explode a flexible structure within PO.

Explosion type needs to defined as 01 Switch from indiv. to coll.at the level of BoM items

You can even make use of VC - Variant Configuration with some syntax to bring some additional logic into this solution scope.

i have to admit that this s a beautiful business requirement contains a lot of potential usage

Hope, this would be helpful for you.