Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema decode /002 wagetype

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SCNians.

I request you to pls help me understand the schema (AE14) which calculates the /002 wagetype .

Scenario:

Basic Pay 1000 USD

Country- UAE

Logic as per my understanding

To calculate the Daily Rate of the employee

Calculation the schema does: Basic pay divided by the constant value in table t511k with the variable AVMWD

In my case: 1000/ 30.42= 32.87 appearing in RT table correctly

Question

If that is the case why does the standard schema have so many steps. I assume I might be missing something and hence the question requesting help to break down the steps (highlighted in blue)in the schema

Pasting below the schema

/002 Valuation basis 2

Rule   ESGPCR VaKey    Operation EXPLANATION

AE14      3            NUM=& ISLC

AE14      3            NUM?0

AE14      3   *       FILLF N

AE14      3   *       RTE=KAVMWD      RATE IS GIVEN THE VALUE 30.42 FROM T511K TABLE

AE14      3   *       DIVID ARR            AMOUNT IS DIVIDED BY 30.42 AND STORED IN RATE ie 1000/30.42= 32.87

AE14      3   *       ZERO= A

AE14      3   *       ADDWT *

AE14      3   *       NEXTR A

AE14      3   *       WPALL LAST

AE14      3   *       AMT=1

AE14      3   *       MULTI RAA

AE14      3   *       ZERO= R

AE14      3   *       ADDWT /672         32.87 IS WRITTEN TO WAGETYPE /672

AE14      3   *       NEXTR B

AE14      3   *       FILLF NRA

AE14      3   *       ADDWT /673          1000 USD IS WRITTEN TO /673

AE14      3   *       ADDWT /671         1000 USD IS WRITTEN TO /671

AE14      3   *       NUM=GKSOLL      NUM=30  

AE14      3   *       NUM-GKAU**          30- 0 (SINCE NO UNPAID DAYS)

AE14      3   *       NEXTR C

AE14      3   *       ELIMI *

AE14      3   *       ZERO= AR

AE14      3   *       ADDWTE/WP3          30 DAYS WRITTEN TO /WP3

In other words, can someone pls breakup the steps highlighted in blue.

Sincere thanks.

Regards,

Shine

View Entire Topic
former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you have detailed is a PCR, and you can use t-code pe04 to see the documentation on the Payroll Operations being used.  Alternatively, through t-code pe02, look at pcr AE14 in Table Format.

If you put your cursor on the left portion of any Operation, you should be able to call the documentation on that Operation, and by looking at the pcr in Table format you will notice that there are only so many Operations that can be written on a line (or Row), hence the use of Operation NEXTR (for NEXT Row).

In Payroll, you are dealing with Rates (RTE, and sometimes R), Numbers (NUM, and sometimes N), and Amounts (AMT, and sometimes A).

Note that you can also "Google" the significance of Operations with key words such as

sap operation elimi

or

sap operation num?0

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Remi,

Sincere thanks for your response. I think I did not word my issue clearly. My question would be

/002 wagetype-  what else does it query or search or other uses other than daily rate.

If you see the explained steps by me (in black) helps in calculating the daily rate in normal
scenarios.

Then why is there so many steps? What else does it query.. Probably a high level of the wage type brief would help..

In other words, wouldn't the below PCR suffice for daily rate calculation and writing to wage type?

AE14  3   * RTE=KAVMWD    

AE14   3   * DIVID ARR           

AE14   3   * ADDWT /672  

Thanks and regards,

Shine     

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In pcr AE14, you do not show what WT is being processed, but it's Rate is replaced by the value of Constant AVMWD (AVerage Monthly Work Days?), then the Amount of the WT being processed is divided by the Rate (the value of the Constant) and the result is entered as the new value of the Rate.  At that point, the WT being processed has the same Amount as it had in the Input Table but it now has a Rate based on the Amount/AVMWD, and if the WT being processed had a Number it still has it.  These Rate/Number/Amount are then used to create WT /672 and transfer it into the Input Table.