Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Asset Manager Standard Odata Service not working in the initial stage

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We have upgraded our system to S/4 HANA 2021 and now we are implementing SAP Asset Manager 2110 and SAP Asset Manager 2105 in the system

This is the initial state where we have activated the BC sets and Odata service rest steps are not yet done for deployment activity.

As a process, I just tested the Odata service if it is working fine and I came accross this issue.

Reload the metadata for this service it gives error as " ..ERROR_INFO Data object 'InboundDeliverySerial' not found."

• /MERP/SAP_ASSET_MANAGER_2110 - SAP Asset Manager 2110

Due to which the Odata is not working .

The rest the odata

• /MERP/ SAP_ONLINE_LOOKUP_EXT_2110 - SAP Asset Manager online lookup extension 2110"
  • /ACI/ASSET_CENTRAL_CHANGE_NOTIF - Asset Central data change notification"
  • /MERP/SAP_CREW_MANAGER_2110 : Crew Management
  • /MERP/SAP_FIELD_OPER_WORKER_2110 : Field Operation Worker

The Metadata runs successful but the entity set is blank

As per my understanding , this odata should not be dependent on If I have deployed the application to mobile service or not , since it is activated in the backed system it should work. Please correct me If I am wrong.

Can you please guide me about this issue . Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

View Entire Topic
vivian_chong
Explorer

InboundDeliverySerial is in /MERP/SAP_INVENTORY_MANAGER_2110 service. Do you see /MERP/SAP_INVENTORY_MANAGER_2110 in your system?

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

Thank you very much for reply. This is really helpful

After you suggested, I checked the odata - /MERP/SAP_INVENTORY_MANAGER_2110 in the system , I clicked in Add services and it is present there but not added/activated

This OData is not mentioned anywhere in the document hence I was not even aware of it . So there must be some dependency of this Odata on the base odata service and hence we are getting the error , am I right ?

I will add this Odata and check .

At present, I have activated only the below odata services

• /MERP/SAP_ASSET_MANAGER_2110 - SAP Asset Manager 2110
  • /MERP/ SAP_ONLINE_LOOKUP_EXT_2110 - SAP Asset Manager online lookup extension 2110"
  • /ACI/ASSET_CENTRAL_CHANGE_NOTIF - Asset Central data change notification"
  • /MERP/SAP_CREW_MANAGER_2110 : Crew Management
  • /MERP/SAP_FIELD_OPER_WORKER_2110 : Field Operation Worker

Is there any other odata also which is to be added apart from what you suggested, Like I saw this one - SAP_MAINTENANCE_ASSISTANT in Add service but I am not sure this is required or not.

Also when we activate , it should give list of entity sets in the metadata right ? only then the Odata is working properly, in our case its not , please share your views on this also.

Thanks again for your guidance , this is really helpful

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian

Just wanted to update, for the other issue, that the Odata services were not giving the correct results.

I cleaned up cache

(1) /n/iwfnd/maint_services - Go to -clean up model cache

(2) Click on gateway client - metadata cleanup cache . After this when I executed the Odata is showing proper meta data with entity sets

Not sure why it did not worked at first time but after 2 -3 attempts it finally works.

Once the other odata gets added I will check the base odata service as well.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

vivian_chong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Could you please check if you have corrections from this note in your system? SAP 3086480

There are a list of SAP notes available for S4 2021 FPS0 in this master note - SAP 2977434

They should be implemented since there could be dependency between the codes and configuration.

Thanks,
Vivian

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

Thank you very much for sharing the sap notes. This indeed is a lot , so ideally we have to check each note to be sure things are not missing in standard.

Thank you very much for this.

However, as you suggested earlier, I was trying to add this odata "/MERP/SAP_INVENTORY_MANAGER_2110" and while adding I am getting this error and hence could not add the service.

Have you faced such issue ? there is no relevant error logs hence I am not able to find the root cause for this error

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty