cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PY-GB: change casual to regular employee (holiday quota question)

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

Could any of you expert in the GB solution highlight how the following situation should properly be handled:

- Casual workers changing to regular monthly employees and vice-versa.

In the UK is this a change of condition on the contract or a change of contract?

I have found both situation in the system and I am not truly happy with what I see overall.... system is not ready for that kind of change keeping the same personal number (pernr that is) so I see users have been tricking the system resulting in strange payroll data.

Based on my experience from other countries; typically casual workers does not have holidays or if they do it is compensated in the payroll simply because if they don't work hours they are not paid... so simple! . If there is a change from hourly to monthly employees either there is new personal number assigned to that person or a fire-hire action is triggered... but in all circumstances that employees does not start a permanent position with holidays quotas valid from previous casual contract.

In July I made some changes in the payroll to handle new holiday pay and provision; it is bugging now when handling this type of change... so now that I am looking at this type of change more in details I see strange data... however I need to make some correction ...

Now in GB situation casual employees have quotas (in hours) and (regular employee quotas are in days) and the change is simply handled by a change actions triggered at the beginning of a pay period (V_530_E does not split)...copying infotype 0000, 0001 and 0016 and inserting 0008.... since infogroup does not process IT2006 and I m not clearly seeing how holidays quotas is handled if I look at the full population.

In this situation how would you deal with quotas generated from the casual period? cut-off & compensate or let it open until the end of the holiday year?

I am looking at being better prepared when I will get a chance to talk to the user group in UK.

Thanks a lot for your input!

Antoine

View Entire Topic
antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello:

In the end I was not able to offer a beautiful process to solve this with the client requiring no termination while changing an employee from casua (hourly wage earner)l to perm (monthly salaried worker) or vice-versa.

Whenever this type of change will happen solution goes through compensating existing quotas using IT0416 without effect in payroll; and create a new IT2006 thus adding the remaining holiday in days gained from the casual contract.

Therefore: When a casual change to permanent solution is to use IT0416 to cancel remaining quotas (using a specific subtype that does not affect payroll), limit existing quotas to change action date -1 day and then manually add canceled remaining quotas it into new quota under IT2006 at change action date; a converting rule of dividing by 8 hours should be apply to add the value in days. When a permanent change to casual: after limiting quotas in IT2006 to change action date –1 day; it is be necessary to use IT0416 to cancel remaining quotas (if positive) and then create IT2013 at change action date to add or subtract from new quotas – time evaluation has to run to reflect change into quotas.

Happy to know for my users that this type of change has been done on average a little below 10 times a year