Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project stock in Inventory

former_member307772
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Here my scenario is i have created a PO with account assignment "P" -WBS , the material i have taken ABC with material type with Quantity and value update ticked on at Plant level .Now when i post MIGO , system is not showing storage location hence system is unable to take that Material into inventory.

But when i have tried by keeping all other details as it is except the Material  XYZ (Which is made up of Material type with Quantity indicator ticked on not value at plant level), then system is showing storage location at MIGO.

Is there any specific reason for system is behaving like this? do we have any SAP notes ?

Please suggest

View Entire Topic
kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Account Assignment P is used for direct consumption (Non-Valuated Project Stock).

Look in your Project Definition and see what inventory you have selected, Valuated or Non-Valuated.

With Valuated Project Stock you will use Account Assignment Q.

Both of these should have Quantity Updating.  Valuated Project tock will have Value Updating.

former_member307772
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Melching,

Thanks for your answer

But my doubt is when i run scenario where

Material with Material type (Value +Qty update ON) when posted for MIGO again account assignment " P" , but without QM activated , here system is showing storage location to take that material into Inventory

But Material with same material type i.e (Value + Qty update ON) when posted for MIGO against account assignment "P" but with QM activation , here system is unable to show storage location to take that material into Inventory.

So my assumption is whenever quality managed material is there against P , system is unable to post the same in Inventory.

Is this because , "P" and " Q quality " same time?

kenmelching
Active Contributor

First question, on the Project Definition what inventory indicator have you selected, Valuated Stock, Non-Valuated Stock, or No Stock?

For the Account Assignment on the PO there are 2 choices for using WBS Stock Segment, P or Q.  Which one you use is dependent on the stock indicator on the Proj Def.

Then when you are receiving material you can GR it into Unrestricted or Quality Stock.  This Q stock is not the same thing as the Q Account Assignment indicator.