cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevention of reserved batch allocation to next process order

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Hope your doing well !!

I have came across an issue on batch determination like, Why system is allocating fully reserved batch to next process order ? Ideally if batch is fully reserved to any of the process order system should pick next available batch but in my case it is allocating fully reserved batch which was assigned to another PO.

Here is scenario :

PO1: qty 100 -> Production Version assignment and release done. Then business is running COR2 --> changing component qty as per available batch --> enter -- >Save. In this scenario batch A1 is fully allocated to component A.

Scenario like:

Here Component A is having batches like

A1 –110 (SLED 30th July 2021)

A2 – 200 (SLED 30th July 2022)

A3 ---300 (SLED 30th July 2023)

PO2 : PO qty 100 --> Production Version assignment and release then Save. (in this case,System should Pick next available Batch). In this case still system is allocating batch A1 to component A instead of batch A2.

I need your expert advise why this issue is happening and how to prevent allocation of expired batch to next PO ?

It will be great help if you can share your thoughts on this issue. I have read some thread but mentioned notes seems like not feasible here.In OPJJ include reservation option is untick in my case.

Thanks,

Mayur.

View Entire Topic
Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello

When you run the batch determination, system will internally run the availability check, in order to confirm that the batch is actually available. If system is considering the batch already allocated to another order, that's because of your availability checking rule. Try to check the reservation checkbox in OPJJ and test this scenario again.
Regards,
Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thank you responding to my query. I have tested above configuration by activating reservation included check box in OPJJ but still same issue persist. While doing batch determination for next order still system is picking batch which was already reserved. As per my config initial configuration was

included dependent reservervation =X

Include dependent reservation = Blank

Then I made both blank but however still system is picking reserved batch.

I would request kindly advise how to prevent reserved batch allocation to next PO ?

Thanks,

Mayur.