cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Strategy 52 (PIR reduction)

former_member846174
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello guys, just an ERP novice looking for some help.

I'm running a sample scenario of planning strategy 52 (planning without final assembly, but without individual customer segment), and I'm a bit confused about the concept of PIR reduction.

I'll be showing the screen shots of stock requirement list step by step

First step of this planning strategy: creating planned independent requirements.

I created three PIR for each month of march, april, and may. 100 pieces of materials, so total 300 pir

Second step: Creating Sales Order.

After creating a sales order of 90 pieces, planned order & sales order are created in the requirement list.

And the PIR of March is consumed by the amount of the sales order, resulting in the remaining quantities of 10.

Third step: converting planned order to production order.

Forth step: After good receipt of the production order, PrdOrd is removed from the SRL and stock increased to 90.

Lastly, goods issue: Here, I did the goods issue through VL01N, and now the order is replaced by delivery.

So my question is, how does the PIR reduction work in this scenario? Some sources say that goods issue reduces sales order, which I think is the case in this scenario as you can notice that sales order is no longer shown in the list. But most sources mention that it is PIR that is reduced, hence removed from the list. However, I don't know how that change is reflected on the screen. Can anyone give me a clear explanation on the PIR reduction? Thank you.

View Entire Topic
ibrahemy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reduction of MRP occurred after Sales order Received and MRP Run

main objective is to start procurement of FG Component

BR

Mohamed

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reduction occurs as soon as sales order is created. MRP run is not necessary for PIR reduction.