Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear, good afternoon,

In the configuration path below: Materials Management – Purchasing – Purchase Order – Flexible Workflow for Purchase Orders – Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible. Workflow.

Is it possible to insert more fields as a reset condition in addition to the already available fields?

Thanks,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more about the SAP Support user and program here.
View Entire Topic
lisa_sheil
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Customer,

My name is Lisa from the MM-PUR team. I have checked your query and can confirm that within the customizing path mentioned, it is possible to set what fields should be considered for flexible workflow restart. However, only the fields available in the drop-down can be set. It is not possible to add other conditions here.

I can confirm however that from SAP S/4HANA 2021, there is a BADI that gives a lot more flexibility, here is some further information from SAP Help: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/e296651f454c4284ade361292c633d69/3d90db34287a429c90b...

• Define a custom logic to restart the approval process when changes have been made to purchase orders. You define the logic using the custom logic Define Conditions to Restart Workflow in Purchase Orders (MMPUR_PO_WORKFLOW_RESTART). You can also use this custom logic to override the configurations defined in configuration step Manage Conditions to Restart Flexible Workflow for Purchase Orders.

The BADI is only available from 2021 and cannot be implemented within older releases unfortunately.

I hope this helps to answer your query,

Kind Regards,

Lisa

SAP Support.

tom_kaeser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi lisa.sheil,

thank you very much for this comment and the information how to define a custom logic for the restart conditions of the workflow.

You clearly stated that the BADI cannot be implemented within older releases than 2021.

My customer is currently in a S/4 project with planned Go Live in 2022 but with release 2020. Is there any possibility to implement a custom logic without the BADI?

Best regards

Tom