Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internatinalisation of SAP PM

former_member217512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client is planning to extend thier operational area to neighbourhood country (Vehicle is the Equipment).

They want to have a maintenace plant for the equipments at new location (at neighbourhood country).

As a Functinal consultant what all things I need to consider to make changes/additions in SAP PM system.

What all are the methods I have to meet the above requirements.

Thank you

View Entire Topic
former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Renjith,

From functional point point of view, you need to understand at which level is the planning performed. It will help you in understanding if the new location (plant) needs to be configured as planning plant.

From configuration point of view, you will have to do the below basic settings in SPRO

1) Enterprise Structure -> Definition -> Plant Maintenance -> Maintain maintenance planning plant

2) Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Plant Maintenance -> Assign maintenance planning plant to maintenance plant

Apart from above mentioned setting, their are many other paramters which you will require to set in SPRO. Another important thing would be Order Type; if you intend to use the existing order type, then, you will have to extend the order for new maintenance plant else you can configure a new order type.

Cheers!!