cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f-02 depreciation reversal

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Used had bought the asset on march 2020 and run depreciation same month and then asset was reversed same time, in june 2020 user wants to reverse the impact of that posted depreciation,because asset was already reversed user wants to reversed that deprecation which was posted on march, I tried following ways to reverse the deprecation, like in june period user had run afab and before afab user put dep key 0000 for that asset for which user wants to reverse the depreciation but system is not considering and I tried write ups as well but system is not allowing me because asset is already reversed in march 2020 now I'm trying to post jv through f-02 and I'm confused about which transaction key should I used, I used 190 but in that case system is picking asset clearing gl instead of accumulated depreciation gl. Please suggest.

giova10ni
Contributor

Dear Gaurav,

Usually, if you run depreciation for an asset and then you decide to reverse it, you should first cancel posted depreciation and then reverse the asset. According to you, Fixed Asset was reversed first, and now you are trying to correct depreciation. Could you explain the process followed?

0 Kudos

Thank you Georgios for your answer. I think asset has been reversed first, let me attach both screen shot for your reference

giova10ni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

I can see that the asset is entered and reversed in March 2020. Depreciation is posted in period 12 (which year ?) and is planned to be reversed in period 12 also. That posting in period 12 confuses me. As I commented when you enter a Fixed Asset, run depreciation and then you decide to reverse the asset, you must correct depreciation first, because in standard settings the system will not allow you to reverse the fixed asset. You will see a message saying that reversal of fixed asset contradicts the NBV rule. So I suppose that there are changes in configuration settings which allow you to reverse asset first and then change depreciation. Could you display the Net Book Value of the specific asset at the moment? Even if you don't do anything, the system has programmed to reverse the posted depreciation in period 12. Don't try to adjust depreciation using t-codes like F-02, the system will not allow you and it is not correct also. You can adjust depreciation using write-ups, revaluation or unplanned depreciation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my knowledge, the depreciation can not be reversed for a single asset. I suggest to use T Code - AB08. Give the Company code, asset number, Fiscal year. The depreciation for the asset will be displayed. Select the line and click on the reverse, you will in the screen reverse document. Your asset and depreciation will be reversed with the document.

Regards,

Manjunath Rao