Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS : Printing Payslip Directly On Click of 'Send Print Request'

prajyotp_demapure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client have requirement to print the payslip directly from ESS portal without using PDF plugin print button.

Client do not want to send the printing request on backend, when I click on 'Send Print Request' button the payslip would be printed directly like when we click on PDF plugin print button.

Is it possible to achieve this.

Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Prajyot D.

View Entire Topic
siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you advise which version and show your screenprints what you see? read here http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/dd/028fd3bd2f452998c9d195a8989e1d/content.htm?framese... requent for central printing will generate a spool request in the backend, you can hide these buttons and save the one a pdf on your local machine http://scn.sap.com/thread/3409518

prajyotp_demapure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

In simple language the client wants direct print out after clicking on 'Send Print Request' .

Is it possible to enhance the functionality of that button.

Thanks & regards,

Prajyot D.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks, can you share the version or screenprints? as we don't know which release you are on?

prajyotp_demapure
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

Following are the details

Version : 7.3

SAP_HR    604    0064

EA-HR    606    0026

Thanks & Regards,

Prajyot D.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for this, as noted above send print request will generate a spool request, in PDFs, you can save a local copy or print from your machine on the icons So hide send print request, and use PDFs icons etc

prajyotp_demapure
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth.

So should I conclude that , it is not possible to enhance the functionality of 'Send Print Request' as per my client requirement they must have to use Icon only.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

right now I don't see an option but I do recommend to raise an OSS to sap regarding it, I didn't see myself any customization to avoid spool for this but probably there is, In the meanwhile let me check also PY XX FO ESS for message

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you check this BADI as well Badi - XSS_REM_INTERFACE Method - DEFINE_PRINTBUTTON_STATUS Parameter Description EX_PRINTBUTTON_ENABLED Pushbutton active EX_PRINTBUTTON_VISIBLE Pushbutton visible Use above technical information to hide print button

in your case check here We have a BADI enabled that might be related to this item: this is uner WEB DYNPRO ABAP HRESS_PAYSLIP_BADI_IMPL - BAdI for Payslip (Implementation) I've found a METHOD under this BADI which is similar to the one you provided: METHOD - IF_HRESS_PAYSLIP_BADI~ADJUST_PRINTBUTTON_STATUS Here's the code: method IF_HRESS_PAYSLIP_BADI~ADJUST_PRINTBUTTON_STATUS. * see method 'ADJUST_FIELD_CATALOG'   mv_print_button_enabled = abap_true. * precondition: * button must be visible via configuration * and action_id 'HRGRT_REQUEST_PTRINT' must be used for * if precondition above is not valid this method has no functionality * and setting will be ignored.   ev_enabled = mv_print_button_enabled. endmethod.