Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation area 07: currency type Z5 is not defined in financial accounting

navuluri_rao2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created additional currency and assigned to my company code as a free defined currency 1 field. I created one depreciation area for the same currency. When I try to maintain currency in "Specify the use of Parallel Currencies.

If I follow the SAP note: 2363040 and maintain suggested settings in FINSC_LEDGER, I am getting the error message at the time of Acquisition posting that addition currency type can't be updated in financial accounting(BSEG).

Please help us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Rao.

View Entire Topic
narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide us the screen shot of the error and the configuration you did in FINC_LEDGER.

Thanks,

NSK

navuluri_rao2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhulu,

Below is the screen shot of SPRO settings for company code.

I am practicing S/4HANA in my system with additional currency Z9 that is for INR currency. when I try to assign chart of depreciation to my company code, getting below error message.

the previous data that I provided was deleted by someone. Hence tried again. But now I am getting the same error message while assign chart of depreciation to company code instead of currency type maintain to depreciation area. But the error is same in both scenarios.

@Kapil,

i saw currency type 40 is working but just wanted to know the reason in case if we maintain additional currency since the field is available.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post a query and give further updates, please add the content under "Comments" and not under "Answer" as you were not answering to a query but only providing additional informations as asked by the members. Also, when you add the text under Comments, it will be intimated to the person to whom you are responding whereas, if you add the text under Answer, the member will not be intimated. By the way, your above answer has been converted as comment by me.