Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Display MSG (MS Outlook) from Documentum in SAP

luis_cardonaolas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have linked SAP with Documentum to be able to retrieve documents stored in the content server. We made all the setting required in OAC0, OAC2, OAC3.

We set everything to attach objects of types PDF, DOC, XLS and MSG.

We can attach all the objects without problems and they are stored in the content server.

We display PDF, DOC, XLS in SAP without problmes but we cannot display MSG files. It´s like the extension .msg of the object is missing when we try to display in SAP. In the Documentum content server is stored ok whit its extension.

I would greatly appreciate your help if you can help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Luis.

View Entire Topic
janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the OAD2 config (document class MSG) please check note #1840170.

(You have to store the wrongly, whithout MIME-Type stored documents again.)

For a troubleshooting please check note #1739026 too.

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Unfortunately I am also facing the same issue while opening .MSG file.

So I tried to check note 1840170 as you mentioned but seems that its no more available.

I checked it on link http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1840170 with valid credentials but unable to open it.

Can you please tell me if another note is available for this?

Thank you!

Tushar C.

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just checked OSS, and the note is still there. Aside from that, if I remember correctly, you'll also need to config your computer's registry as per below:

Run regedit.exe - go to HKEY_CLASSSES_ROOT - MIME - Database -Content Type - Add New Keyu 'application/vnd.ms-outlook -

Right Click on this new key - add String Value 'Extension' with data '.msg'.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bingo!

Perfect!!

It worked finally. So Ted, does that mean each and every user has to add this Reg Key at their local machines?

Cheers!!!

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe so. We had our desktop support group deploying this change to all users' computers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All right, Thank you!

You made my day!! I have been struggling for this from last 3 days!!