Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSI Tax Factory 10.0

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello community,

If you have questions about TF 10.0, you can post this on this thread. We will update this thread with tips and notes related to Tax factory 10.0.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Graziela Dondoni

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela ,

We have installed BSI TF10b and implemented 1909014 BSI TaxFactory 10.0 –
Phase II. Since we are at SAP_HRCUS 604 SP66, we try to implement the advance
delivery file SYST_604_L4HK194704.zip for note 1934840 BSI TaxFactory 10.0 –
Phase 3 and got the following error message during " Generation of
Programs and Screens" while importing the transport L4HK194704.

"Program SAPLHRPAYUS_T5UX9, Include LHRPAYUS_T5UX9SCL: Syntax error in line
000058 Type 'CL_HRPAYUS_COURTESY_WH' is unknown"

We don't know why this object 'CL_HRPAYUS_COURTESY_WH' is not available in
the system. Is there any SAP Note that we should apply so that this object will
be available before we put the delivery file SYST_604_L4HK194704.zip?

The Note 1934840 clearly says

1. Apply the .zip file indicated for your release below to introduce the new Customizing entries in your system

2. Additionally, apply the source code corrections instructions located in
the Assigned Correction Instructions section of this Note.

Is anybody came across the same error message when implementing note 1934840
BSI TaxFactory 10.0 – Phase 3

Thanks

Subra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subrmanian,

We too are experiencing the same issue. I have opened an OSS issue for assistance.

######################################
Generation of programs and screens
Transport request : L4HK194704
System : DV1
tp path : tp
Version and release: 380.04.07 720

Generation of programs and screens for transport request L4HK194704
Only generates programs with LOAD versions
Start on 01.04.14 at 12:09:55

Generation of the transported programs

Program SAPLHRPAYUS_T5UX9, Include LHRPAYUS_T5UX9SCL: Syntax error in line 000058
Type 'CL_HRPAYUS_COURTESY_WH' is unknown
Screen SAPLHRPAYUS_T5UX9 2000 successfully generated
Screen SAPLHRPAYUS_T5UX9 2001 successfully generated
Screen SAPLHRPAYUS_T5UX9 2002 successfully generated

Generation of the users of the transported Includes

Ended on 01.04.14 at 12:09:59
No. of programs /Min/Avg/Max (sec): 1 3 3 3
No. of screens /Min/Avg/Max (sec): 3 0 0 1

Generation of programs and screens
End date and time : 20140401120959
Ended with return code: ===> 8 <===
######################################

In the meantime, have you been able to resolve?

Thanks,

Sean.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Could you please provide the details for this return code 8?

You can go to SE09 to check it.

Thank you,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Subra,

This class CL_HRPAYUS_COURTESY_WH is delivered in the correction
instructions of note 1934840.

Try to apply everything (sar files + correction instructions) and then
activate all objects.

Thank you,

Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

I believe this is the same error as Subra has reported.

This class CL_HRPAYUS_COURTESY_WH is delivered in the correction
instructions of note 1934840.

Try to apply everything (sar files + correction instructions) and then
activate all objects.

Kind regards,

Graziela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Thank you for the input.

It was while applying the SAR files attached to 1934840 that the error occured.

Although the note state to apply the zip/sar file first...which resulted in the error...applying the source code corrections in the note afterward resolved the syntax errors.

I believe we are in good standing and thank you again!

Sean.

0 Kudos

Hi Sean and Graziela,

The problem is not yet solved for us. We have created a SAP customer message and SAP asked us to apply everything (sar files + correction instructions) and then activate all objects. When I try to apply the correction instructions of the Note 1934840 through transanction "snote" , system is not allowing us to implement the corrections. The error message says some pre-requisite is not fulfilled. It did not say what pre-requisites.

As per the note 1934840 the pre-requisite is

"The changes delivered by this Note will only be effective when you install or upgrade to BSI TaxFactory 10.0 cyclic A."

But we are at TaxFactory 10.0 cyclic B with TUBs 019.

Sean, I hope you have solved the issue.

Could you please explain more.

Thanks&regards

Subra

0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

Thanks for your reply, After I got the error from the sar file, I tried to apply the correction instructions of the Note 1934840 through transanction "snote". But system is not allowing us to implement the corrections. The error message says some pre-requisite is not fulfilled. It did not say what pre-requisites.

As per the note 1934840 the pre-requisite is

"The changes delivered by this Note will only be effective when you install or upgrade to BSI TaxFactory 10.0 cyclic A."

But we are at TaxFactory 10.0 cyclic B with TUBs 019.

When I see Sean's reply, he had the same issue and resolved the error after applying the correction. I do not know why I am getting error message when I try to apply the correction instructions thro' Snote. We have created a customer Message and I am waiting for further instructions from SAP.

Any additional input from you will be highly appreciated.

Thanks&regards

Subra

0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

The Problem for Note 1934840 has been resolved.

I did the following while the file L4HK194704 was having import error

"Program SAPLHRPAYUS_T5UX9, Include LHRPAYUS_T5UX9SCL: Syntax error in line

000058 Type 'CL_HRPAYUS_COURTESY_WH' is unknown"

1. First Applied the Note 1685578 - Problem applying a note through Snote

( This note is valid for SAP_BASIS 702 )

2. Applied the Note 1934840 - BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Phase 3

3. Re-imported the delivery file L4HK194704.

However now we are having problem with implementing this Note "1937142 - TAX: BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Nonresident Worked Days parameters"

We are getting the following error message.

====================================================

Class CL_HRPAYUS_NON_RESIDENT_DAYS,Public Section

Type "HRPAYUS_T_TXIT" is unknown

Class CL_HRPAYUS_TAX_TECHNICAL_LGART,Public Section

Type "HRCUS_T_PC2U7" is unknown.

====================================================

Per SAP, we have created these Table Types manually and try to re-import the Note 1937142 again. Now we are getting another error message.

CL_HRPAYUS_NON_RESIDENT_DAYS, Public Section.

Type HRPAYUS_T_ICRT is unknown.

We have created a SAP customer message for this.

The BASIS,ABAP and HR Components that we have

SAP_BASIS 702 0012

SAP_ABA 702 0012

SAP_HRCUS 604 0066

EA-HRCUS 605 0043

Thanks&regards

Subra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subra,

Please confirm whether you were able to fully resolve your issue?

Also, we are now seeing a similar issue with HRCUS_T_PC2U7. What specific instructions were provided to manually create the Table Types?

Thanks,

Sean.

0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Yes we could able to resolve the issue for this object HRCUS_T_PC2U7 .

Steps.

--------

1. Get the object Key from SAP for Table Type HRCUS_T_PC2U7

( R3TR TTYP HRPAYUS_T_TXIT)

2. SE11-->select data type-->HRCUS_T_PC2U7-->create-->select Table Type

3. For Short Text : Table Type of TAX_LGART

For Line Type enter PC2U7

4. Save to package : PC10

5. Activate HRCUS_T_PC2U7

Thanks

Subra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subra,

Thanks for the guidance...that appears to have worked for PC2U7.

Do you also have the steps for HRPAYUS_T_TXIT?

Have you heard back yet on HRPAYUS_T_ICRT?

Thank you very much for you willingness to help!

Sean.

0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

A. Steps. for HRPAYUS_T_TXIT

--------

1. Get the object Key from SAP for Table Type HRPAYUS_T_TXIT

( R3TR TTYP HRPAYUS_T_TXIT)

2. SE11-->select data type-->HRPAYUS_T_TXIT-->create-->select Table Type

3. For Short Text : Table type for structure PC2U2

For Line Type enter PC2U2

5. Activate HRPAYUS_T_TXIT

B. Steps. for HRPAYUS_T_ICRT

--------

1. Get the object Key from SAP for Table Type HRPAYUS_T_ICRT

( R3TR TTYP HRPAYUS_T_ICRT)

2. SE11-->select data type-->HRPAYUS_T_ICRT-->create-->select Table Type

3. For Short Text : Table type for structure PC2U3

For Line Type enter PC2U3

5. Activate HRPAYUS_T_ICRT

C. You might get one more Table Type Missing ( HRPAYUS_T_TAXPR)

2. SE11-->select data type-->HRPAYUS_T_TAXPR-->create-->select Table Type

3. For Short Text : Table type for structure PC22X

For Line Type enter PC22X

5. Activate HRPAYUS_T_TAXPR

When I get these Table Types were missing, I have created a customer and waiting for the solution.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Subra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subra,

Thank you very much. All of the tables and instructions you provided were applicable.

We now, however, encounter the following:

Include RPCMASUT_USTAX_CALC

"ICRT" is not type-compatible with formal parameter "IT_ICRT".

We too have an OSS Message open. I will update it and let you know if we happen to hear back.

Thanks again,

Sean.

0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Did you hear back for you OSS Message?

Could you please check the Table Type HRPAYUS_T_ICRT

1.SE11-->Display Table Type HRPAYUS_T_ICRT

2. Check the Tab "Primary Key"

you should have the following under Key Component.

TXCMP

TAXTY

TAXAU

Under Key definition , the "key Components" Radio button should be checked

Under Key Category "Unique" Radio button should be checked.

Thanks

Subra

0 Kudos

Hello community,

We got the solution for the problem implementing "SAP Note : 1937142 - TAX: BSI TaxFactory 10.0 - Nonresident Worked Days parameters". The solution is that SAP revised the Note and added 5 more manual steps. You shall down load the pdf file "Manual Instructions for SAP Note 1937142.pdf" which is attached to this Note.

Just I would like to communicate this if you did not notice this before.

Thanks

Subra

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can I contact you regarding TF10 install? I am having zero luck..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vince

What is your specific issue? Have you sent an e-mail to support@bsi.com ? They are usually helpful. I had to have help from them to get the installation finished. I did have to jump to version 10.d as as an fyi, because there was a bug in 10.c that would cause the password to disappear from the configuration file. Also, can you start the default Apache web page (not the TF related ones)?

Outside of these, I suggest contacting BSI.

Tammy

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First issue: I got Apache and TomCat installed on the PC. When I put the URL in I get "Unable to connect toXML server [127.0.0.1] running @ Port 41013"

Second issue: How much database space is going to be needed in my Oracle DB for TF10?

A call to BSI, on hold for ~20 minutes got me a promise to get a doc back to me about issue #1. The tech didn't know the answer to #2 nor did anyone else in the room. She promised to get back to me on that as well.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Figured #1 out: The Tomcat service had not been started AND our PCs are locked down so unauthorized services can not just be added and started. Argh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Test your Apache without regard to TF and verify the Apache Tomcat page appears. My url is http://localhost:8080/ (on the server). Or outside of the server http://servername:8080/ . The BSI ports need to be in the 8091 - 7 range (or something like that). If your default Apache site it not working , focus on getting it working.

Maggie3654
Participant
0 Kudos

Vince,

One thing you can try is look to see where tf10lic.exe is located. For us it was in the file we downloaded. Once you locate it go to Run on your Start menu and type cmd in the Open field. Go to where tf10lic file is located using cd. On you are there type tf10lic /ResetDSN and hit enter. It will then ask you to select your system DSN. Then go and stop your Apache service. Stop your TF service. Once it has stopped restart your TF service and then restart your Apache service. Try you URL again and see if it works.

Regards,

Margaret

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

Tamara,

I have confirmed that I can reach my Tomcat start page, but I cannot get the TF10 application to start. I get the following message when trying to start it:

FAIL - Application at context path /eTF10d/DCA could not be started  

I have also reset my DNS connection using tf10lic.exe and restarted the Tomcat and TF services as Margaret suggested but still no luck. I'm have a message in with BSI support but haven't heard back from them yet.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Try restarting both Apache Tomcat ## Tomcat6 and ApacheTomcat#-DCA services and then restart TF10DXMLDCA

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I've done that already Darrell. Thnaks for the reply. Still no luck.

I also see errors in the catalina logs files for Tomcat:

Sep 23, 2014 7:50:49 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Sep 23, 2014 7:50:49 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Context [/eTF10d/DCA] startup failed due to previous errors

Sep 23, 2014 7:50:49 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Sep 23, 2014 7:50:49 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-3] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-4] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-5] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-6] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-7] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-9] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-10] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/eTF10d/DCA] appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

0 Kudos

Is this what you link/URL looks like http://servername:809#/etf10d/DCA the # is the WEB Server Service port number you set during the client environment configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close ; If that is not working try eTF10d (maybe is it case sensitive).

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using port 8094 since this is a test environment. The URL is as follows:

http://localhost:8094/eTF10d/DCA

I get a HTTP 404 error since the TF10 application will not start under Tomcat.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Do you have others the are working? I have three DEV, TST and PRD. If you have others and they are working then you dont have a permissions or Apache issue

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Darrell Kirklen do you have Apache/Tomcat loaded locally or are you using a portal-type server? I am running in to the issue that permissions to run the service are not allowed on the corporate PCs. I am wondering if I have to go to a standalone BSI Windows based portal server.

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

Darrell, no I don't have any that are working. I installed a PRD environment (since it's required by default) and also a test environment. I'm able to reach Tomcat for both PRD and TEST but the TF10 application will not start for either.

Vince, I am also running the Tomcat and TFXML services locally on my workstation so maybe that would explain my issues as well. I have not tried to install this on a stand-alone Windows server.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

I have Java, Tomcat and the BSI client installed on a Windows server with SAP and BSI server running on a Unix server. You are having a 404 Not Found Error which means that the webpage (http://localhost:8094/eTF10d/DCA can not be found. Can you try and replace localhost with the name of the PC.

0 Kudos

I have Java, Tomcat and the BSI 10d client installed on a window 2008 server with SAP and BSI 10d server running on a Unix server. You are having a 404 Not Found Error with means that the webpage (http:://localhost:8094/eTF10d/DCA cn not be found. Can you try and replace localhost with the name of the PC you're running the client on. Also send me a screen shot of your BSI TaxFactory 10.0 Client Environment configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darrell, Even i'm also facing the same issue (HTTP 404 not found error). Even if we replace the localhost with the hostname, it still throws the same error. The catalina log says the same memory leak issue which Michael Sharar has reported but that gets reported in the log when i shutdown the tomcat7-210 service.

When i start the tomcat7-210 service, however i get 2 warnings in the catalina log which says

****************************************************************************************************************

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlValidation' to 'false' did not find a matching property.

Sep 23, 2014 1:14:00 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlNamespaceAware' to 'false' did not find a matching property.

***************************************************************************************************************

Do you see any error in the catalina log? or did you keep any other extra file or updated any settings in catalina.properties or any other properties file?

Warm Regards

Bhanu

0 Kudos

I remeber now having a similar problem, I was getting a memory leak issue that turned out to be a permission problem. The TF10XML service had to be running with a user that had to have local admin permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darrell, I made sure that both the tomcat and xml server services do run with the Admin account. Still that http 404 error and memory leak issue happening.

Appreciate you help !

Warm Regards

Bhanu

0 Kudos

can you send me a screen shot of your BSI TaxFactory 10.0 Client Environment configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 Development clients 010 and 210. Here i'm attaching the configuration for client 210. The URL, i'm trying to access is http://localhost:8092/eTF10D/210. I have 2 services as tomcat7-210 and TF10DXML210. Both are running with Admin account.

0 Kudos

I'm using Oracle as my database so my configuration is a little different then yours. Please review the Database Configurations on page 20 of the BSI Automated TaxFactory 10.0 Client Installation Guide. Play close attention to the Database Name, Database Schema and Database Port. It looks like you are using Windows Authentication make sure you have the right user name and password. Also the Database Host is the server that the SQL is running on and as for the DSN make sure it matches the ODBC name you setup in the ODBC configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

I have a question about BSI Veriosn10.0 customizing settings. In table VV_T5F99K2_US I have changed the version 9.0 to 10.0. Should we delimit the old version and create a new version 10.0 date effective?

I have only one line in customizing table and that is for version10.0. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharrar,

We are also facing issue of HTTP 404 resource not available. Have you got the solution for this?

Please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Harish Desai

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are getting a 404 error it means that the Tomcat service is running but the TaxFactory XML service is not. The TF XML service is actually a web app that runs within the Tomcat web server.

In my case, the problem was that the XML server was not connecting to the database properly. This was due to a configuration issue during inital Client software install on my workstation. Once I had the proper database hostname and port specified I was able to connect to the databse and the XML server started properly. I would suggest that you check your install configuration to make sure that is all correct.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish

If you are still experiencing this problem it may be that tomcat is selecting the wrong jdbc driver. Check where you jdbc driver is stored and if there are sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar files delete or rename the sqljdbc.jar file. This worked for me.

Thanks

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for suggestion. Our problem is resolved. Problem was with the URL in xml file of BSI. It was taking wrong DB name. Manually correcting it resolved our issue.

Kind Regards,

Harish

Brandyn_Richmon
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gaziela,

Do you recommend send difference in tax calculation fromTF9.0 to TF10 directly to BSI Support?

We have a handful a scenarios that are producing different (incorrect) results during our upgrade testing in Payroll.

Thanks,

Brandyn

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brandyn,

You can raise it with BSI Support via the SAP Incident wizard, by raising an Incident for component XX-PART-BSI-TFY.

Brandyn_Richmon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Where's this incident wizard? ..on MyBSI? ...in the new TaxFactory web GUI?

Thanks,

Brandyn

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I mean the SAP incident wizard on the Service Marketplace, the same place where you would submit a customer message or incident to SAP support. There is an "application area" or "component" that BSI now monitors, so you have just one place to report issues, whether it's with SAP or TaxFactory. Go to http://service.sap.com/message to open the incident wizard. This is described in this announcement from last year: http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000478722013E.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to thank Matt & Rohit for all the help & information shared with us about the BSI TF Upgrade. We tested the changes in Production and it worked. Thanks again, it was really helpful. 🙂