cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Related to SAP B1 HANA CALCULATION View [Script based View] & Content Package Tool Wizard

rahuljain257
Participant

Hello Team,

I am new in SAP B1 HANA Modelling Tool and required your support -

Screenshot 1 - Below is the Calculation View based on [Script based] where I am calling stored procedure on which database name is hard-coded for e.g.

CALL "DB_EIMPL_SING_PRD"."CUSTOMVENDORPAYMENT_ALL_SELECTALL"(DUMPDATA);

I have total 9 production Database so I cannot hard-code it in my view so I used Content Package Tool Wizard for importing and exporting the view in sap business one.

If I use - Graphical Based Calculation View and when I export the view using Content Package Tool Wizard its successfully replacing the database name with some %PLACEHOLDER%.

Details related to Content Package Tool Wizard [Blog Link - Blog Link]

Before packaging the models, schema names and package names that were hardcoded during the design time 
must be updated as follows:
• Replace the schema name with %PLACEHOLDER%
• Replace the package name with %placeholder%
For examples about how to update schema names and package names, see Appendix: Replacing Hardcoded 
Schema Names and Package Names.
After you import the models, the placeholders are replaced dynamically with the current SAP Business One 
company.
SAP Business One provides a tool to package SAP HANA models using a wizard. With this tool, the above steps 
are automated and require much less manual work.

If I use - Script Based Calculation View & when I export the view using Content Package Tool Wizard then its not replacing the database name with some %PLACEHOLDER%.

So required your support here.

regards

Rahul Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

YatseaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Jain,

Sorry for a late reply. For I have moved to SAP BTP solution architect team with my focus shifted to BTP.

I guess the package tool haven’t been able to cover all the cases of replacing the placeholder.

Anyway, once you understand what to change, then you can change model files manually, and package the modified model folder with the tool again. At least, the tool can help you to generate the final model package with the required format.

Kind Regards, Yatsea

rahuljain257
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks @Yatsea for your reply.

Answers (0)