Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection for a service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears ,

Good Day,

what is possibility to create inspection lot for plant only without item

this for , i want to inspect the quality for plant as security - storage - cleaning

Best Reagrds ,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to have a materil number to inspect something. It doesn't necessarily mean the material has to be a real material. You can create a material number to represent a service. For instance, at one client they inspected stack emissions. So we had a material created and the description was Stack Emmissions. A batch with an inventory of 1 EA was created for each stack. The batches had a one day shelf-life and were inspected each day with an 09, recurring inspection.

You can also do something similar with equipment. Create a material called STORAGE. Then create an equipment master for each storage room. Then set up PM to inspect each storage room on a regular basis just like you would a motor, or a tank.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Your question is not clear. You can't inspect only based on plant. Would be great if you can elaborate the requirement with some example.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao ,

Thanks for you replay

an Example , if we have goods receipt process

i want to evaluate the quality of the process regardless of the quality of the items

Best Regards ,

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would go with Craig here. As he suggests you can create one generic material code for each process. You can then create manual inspection lot using QA01 and record the results. You may also enter some remarks in the short text based on which you can later identify uniqueness of the process.

I am curious to know the business scenario that demands for this type of inspection.

Anand