cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing - Adding percentage surcharge to Sales Order

Dear Community,

My client is calculating freight cost as a percentage of Sales Order net Value. Currently they are adding freight as a service item in the Sales Order but this option is not right as it is manual calculation.

They would like to use a price component on the tab "Pricing and Invoicing" > Total Pricing, with a value calculated as a percentage of Order Total net value (similar to an overall discount, but with a value coming as a surchage freight cost)

However in our test system when changing scoping questions to add "freight" and "Surcharge" to the price components available in the solution, all I find is that theses fields are with "Fixed amount" calculation rule, which is not matching my needs.

I went to Business Configuration to try to change the calculation rule for these fields to be expressed as "Percentage" but field is greyed out and i don't find a way to change it in the KBAs.

Way to reproduce issue : When going into WoC Business Configuration > Configure Price Strategy > Pricing Procedure It is not possible to select "Calculation rule" as Percentage

Is there a way to change caculation Rule for these standard field ?

Do you advise to use another Price component to be able to add a cost which is a pourcentage of Total Sales Order net amount ?

Thanks in Advance for your support,

Best Regards,

Clément RUSSIER

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KathrinD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Clément RUSSIER,

Surcharges on Header level (step 071, 072, 073, 074 and 076 ) are only available for a Fixed Amount.

A percentage based Surcharge on Header level would be a new requirement which you can enter as a new Idea in the Customer Influencer: https://influence.sap.com/SAPByDesign

However, you can use the price component Surcharge (%) on Item Level. The Surcharge (%) can be found in step 013 in your Pricing Procedure in the Fine Tuning Activity Configure Price Strategy. You can add this Surcharge on Item level in your Sales Document.

Best regards,

Kathrin