Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Areas in Banks Statement upload

sridhar_madiraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Could you please let me know

1. What is the purpose of posting Areas in Bank statement uploading?

2. What is the difference between posting Area1 and Posting Area 2 ?

3. Is it possible to create a new posting Area (Read in some other forums)

Sorry to post " what is"  type of question. I searched in sap.wiki and in Google but didn't get any satisfactory answer for to understand.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason for 2 areas is that not all postings can be fully automated.

The postings for Area 1  Bank to Bank Sub-account will always work, and therefore your Bank Balances will be correct.This is important for eg treasury departments.

Posting area 2 is for Bank Sub-account to Final Account. Here manual adjustments will be needed to get the correct postings

Kind regards

sridhar_madiraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

What is the purpose of Selecting posting Area1 (or) 2 while uploading bank statement.

I came to know, Posting Area-1 is for Main ledger(G/L Accounts) and Posting Area-2 is for Sub Ledger(Vendor, Customer Accounts).

Generally when we upload the EBS, Reconciliation will be done for G/L accounts.

So what is the purpose of classifying as posting area-1,2. What is their significance.

Can u please provide a scenarion in which case they can be choosed.

Regards,

Sridhar.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of customers, you may have to post the two entries.

1) Posting Area 1

Bank Main Account Dr

To Bank Sub Account

2) Posting Area 2

Bank Sub Account Dr

To Customer Account

Presume that some amount is deposited by the Customer directly into the bank and you are loading such bank statement. In such scenarios, you may need to post the above two entries. This is just an example. But, mostly, you will use both the areas in case of AR, whereas in case of AP, you must have posted the posting area entry at the time of executing the automatic payment program.