cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning calendar for 7 days

former_member248830
Participant

Hi,

Our requirement is to receive goods in all the 7 days and I have to create a Planning calendar for all 7 days.

But it is allowing to create planning calendar for 6 rows only. That is able to create planning calendar for combination of six days only 😞

Is there any setting available to add additional row or any other way to define planning calendar for 7 days?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay,,

Planning calendars define flexible period lengths for material requirements planning at plant level. Using the planning calendar, you can define flexible periods for a period lot-sizing procedure in master production scheduling and in MRP. As per you requirement you want to planning calendar all 7 days then what is the purpose of the maintaining the planning calendar, just create the factory calendar with all 7 working days and assign to your plant. This is not possible.

Here you can maintained the planning calendar max of 6 day with help of calculation rule " Weeks(Week Days)" enter 1 to 6 number in each field, and select the start period not a working day as "no new period". Assign this planning calendar to material in MRP view 2.

You have number of ROH material and all material requirement not on same day then create the planning calendar with material specific and assign to the MRP view2, in this case you fulfilled your requirement.

If you want run your production Monday to Monday and in this case you follow the below step for fulfilled your requirement.

You should create two factory calendars

1. Monday  to Friday , (ex: F1)

This factory calendar assign all the level of organization, but don’t assign to the any filed of WorkCentre,This factory calendar assign at plant                level

2.  Monday to Monday (ex: F2) (All days of week)

You assign this calendar to WorkCentre CR01/CR02, Capacity header- Factory caledar  Id:“F2”. This factory calendar assigned to only at                  WorkCentre level,

Here no need to create the spcl  planning calendar, As per your requirement create planning calendar and assign to material master MRP view 2 (ex. 5 days working)

Please check and revert

I hope this information helpful to you ,

Regards

Umesh Mali

former_member248830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thank you for your reply.

I already checked the 'Factory Calender' solution which you have suggested and facing below mention issue:

I have to plan only few lines on Saturday/Sunday so I dont have to define my 'Factory Calendar' for 7 days. I tested following way:

The 'Factory Calendar' which is assigned at plant level is 5 days (Mon to Fri).

Defined one more 'Factory Calendar' with all 7 days working assigned that calendar to 'Work center' (Production Line) which I have to plan on Saturday/Sunday as well.

In MF50 system allow me to enter the quantity on Saturday/Sunday but when I check in MD04 the basic date it takes for 'Monday'. As per my understanding as the factory calendar which assigned at plant level have Saturday/Sunday off day system push my requirement on Monday.

Please suggest.

Regards,

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay,

Here some confusion to understand the my explanation,

My second suggestion factory calendar assign to work center helpful in case of you run your Work Center all 7 days,

For you requirement of all 7 days planning calendar not possible, because it's doesn't make any sense to using planning calendar.

Here some suggestion to archive your requirement

1. for your requirement you have max 6 days planning calendar for same material,
2. create the more then one planning calendar in case you have more then one material and assign to material accordingly,

Ex. Material A requirement on Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat

Material B requirement on Tue, Thu, Sun

In this case you create two planning calendar PCA and PCB and assign to material A and B in material master ,

Regards

Umesh Mali

former_member248830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

My situation is:

EX: Material A requirement Mon to Sunday (All 7 days).

All other material in plant have requirement Mon to Fri (only 5 days)

Please suggest,

Regards,

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay,

Your requirement not possible to achieve in standard SAP, without set the factory calendar for all 7 days working. Check any user exit available for this.

Regards

Umesh Mali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185379
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, How are you creating the Planning calendar? Can you share a screen shot. Thanks

former_member248830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the steps I am following and the problem:

With Rule: Weekdays

• Go to Transaction MD25.

• Enter Plant and Planning Calendar you want to create. Press Enter.

• Enter Text for this calendar, Minimum Period as 365, Actual period 999, Select previous working day. Press Enter.

• Select Weekdays. Press Enter.

• Put Calculation start date.

• Enter counter week day ##, Week day from list of value.

**The problem here is it gives only 4 rows so we cant enter 7 counters****

Is there any way to add the row or other way to define all 7 days?

With Rule: Weeks (Week days)

• Go to Transaction MD25.

• Enter Plant and Planning Calendar you want to create. Press Enter.

• Enter Text for this calendar, Minimum Period as 365, Actual period 999, Select previous working day. Press Enter.

• Select Weeks (Week days) Press Enter.

*** Here problem is only 6 rows appear so we cant maintain 7 days******

Is there any way to add the row or other way to define all 7 days?

Regards,

former_member185379
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, To my knowledge, it depends on  factory calendar. Factory calendar must have holiday on sunday. SO, it is giving you 6 days. Thanks

former_member248830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggestions?

Regards,