cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to locate - analyticService.log is not available in SAP B1 HANA 10 FP 2308

rahuljain257
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am facing an issue with deploying the Models using SAP HANA Model Management Window. I have initialized the company from the Analytics URL in the SLD Control Center, but when I try to deploy the Models, I get an error message.

I want to view the analyticService.log file to see the details of the error, but I cannot find this file anywhere. I am using SAP B1 HANA 10 FP 2308 and according to the Administration Guide, the file should be in this location: /usr/sap/SAPBusinessOne/AnalyticsPlatform/logs However, there is no log folder in that path.

I didn't find the log folder on the following path - /usr/sap/SAPBusinessOne/AnalyticsPlatform/logs

I have also modified the configuration file to change the status from WARN to TRACE, as suggested in Line No 2. (Log 4j), but still no analyticService.log file is generated.

Queries -

1. How to restart Analytics Service in SAP B1 HANA ?

2. How to generate the analyticService.log file in SAP B1 HANA ?

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi rahuljain2570,

As far as I checked internally, all B1AH logging info is now recorded in its component log file like var/log/SAPBusinessOne/AnalyticsPlatform/IMCC/IMCC.log.

However, I would suggest you to create an incident for SAP Business One Support Team to get the confirmation and get the documentation updated.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Support

Answers (0)