cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new inspection type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

I have created new inspection type 90 ( with task list usage = 90 ) by copying 10 (Task list usage = 10 )  .

90 is assigned in the lot origin 10 as Variant 02 .

Inspection type 10 is activated , and inspection type 90 is preferred inspection type Activated :

now when i am creating PGI against sales order inspection lot is created with inspection type = 10 .

but i have activated both 10 & 90 and here 90 is preferred inspection type so system should create lot with inspection type 90 .

Pl guide where i am missing .

regards ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feed,

Check if you have assigned insp type-10 to the delivery category in Config (SPRO --> QM --> Quality Insp --> Insp Lot Creation --> Insp At Shipping --> Assign Inspection Type to Delivery Category).

System takes this as preferred even if other type has mentioned as preferred in Material master.

Change this & try... this would work.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup ,

this origin 10 & inspection type 10 is already thr in : Insp Lot Creation --> Insp At Shipping --> Assign Inspection Type to Delivery Category).

So system is not allowing me to enter 10 with 90 type .

10 origin with insp type 10 is in already in use .

pl guide

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feed,

Before that, is there any specific business requirement that forced you to define new insp type-90 (Copying from 10) ?? Coz in that case, you can make a new entry with origin-10 with Delivery Category (SD Customised) with insp type-90 in SPRO.

If that's not possible, due to some process issue then I would recommend you, to just remove insp type-10 from Origin-10 line... Do not enter insp type-90 for origin-10 line or else this will be populated for all insp lots.

Hope I was clear while explaining.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

the requirement i have defined this because : insp type 10 having task list usage 10.

Same task list usage is used for 04 type . but the inspection plan for 04 & 10 type are different .

so when i create the inspection lot automatic assignment is not happening for different Task list Usage.

That's why i have created new insp. type 90 with separate task list usage =90.

I will try below : And let you know the feedback

(If that's not possible, due to some process issue then I would recommend you, to just remove insp type-10 from Origin-10 line... Do not enter insp type-90 for origin-10 line or else this will be populated for all insp lots.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup ,

i have tried the same by :

Spro --> Inspection lot creation --> Inspection at shipping --> Inspection  type for delivery Category =

I have removed the line Insp type origin 10 assignment with Inspection type 10 .

I have not added any line in this setting .

Now system is doing following :

algorithm to search for an alternative inspection type:

The system searches the inspection setup of the material for a preferred inspection type, or searches in the table "Assignment Inspection Lot Origin - Inspection Type" for an inspection type that is assigned to the inspection lot origin as variant 01.

( here in material master i am using 10 as active & 90 as active with preferred tick .

now system is taking 90 type as i required .

but will it work normal for the material having 10 inspection type ? pl guide .

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Feed,

Good that it's working now and picking up insp type-90 as required...

But it should also work normal by having insp type-10 and for that, did you tried to assign insp type-10 to relevant Delivery Types in config ? Path: SPRO --> QM --> Quality Insp --> Insp Lot Creation --> Insp At Shipping --> Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type.

Try this and hopefully should work as well... revert with results.

Regards,

Anup

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Feed, I have a question here out of curiosity! Possibly you would have tried this also.

1. Can't you change the usage only for inspection type 10 instead of going for a completely new inspection type?
  2. I think that could solve your issue of same usage being shared by 2 inspection types.
  3. You can do this through QCC0 > quality inspection > Inspection lot creation > maintain inspection types > select 10 and change usage to say 90 or anything that you create.

If doesn't work, you can try by assigning only 90 as inspection type in material master and removing 10 from material master. Not from lot origin.

Thanks

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand ,

thanks for ur concern .

i cud have done the same if this was not used in any other Plants already . If i change the same will affect the current working in other plant with inspection plan having that usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it will not be allowed thr as origin is assigned .

And i have taken 90 as another inspection type under 10 origin ( like 0101 under 01 ) .

Thanks for ur help.

So it will not affect any normal working as such ? right ?

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feed,

Yeah.. that's right, it's Insp Lot Origin and not insp type we assign in config I mentioned earlier... sorry if that created any confusion. 😞

But as per algorithm to search for an alternative inspection type, it should work and shud not affect normal processing.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anup ,

Thanks a lot for your Help.

Answers (0)