Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP area and MRP by plant

joseoliveira
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement from the business that requires to know the MRP by plant, althought they run the MRP by MRP area with SL.

So for example, the MRP says it needs material A in SL X due to the execution of the MRP in Area X and in SL Y it has excess of stock of material A. So it will create a new PR for material A even if I have it in another SL.

Is there a way to avoid this? I have stock of that material in another SL, and I would like to have a global view of the needs without interfering in the MRP by area.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

joseoliveira
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that, thats why I have this doubt. Is there any other way to maintain the MRP area by SL and view the global needs of that plant?

I need to maintain the planning by SL, but also need to optimize stock and if there is stock on another SL of the same plant I should use it by creating a transfer order.

Best regards,

Jose

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello joseoliveira

I think you are misusing MRP areas. If a storage location X is assigned to an MRP area, it means that it is planned separately and that the stock in that storage location is not visible on plant MRP area level. The is the whole concept of MRP areas.

If you want to plan all storage locations of the plant together, you should remove storage location MRP areas.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

joseoliveira
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that, thats why I have this doubt. Is there any other way to maintain the MRP area by SL and view the global needs of that plant?

I need to maintain the planning by SL, but also need to optimize stock and if there is stock on another SL of the same plant I should use it by creating a transfer order.

Best regards,

Jose

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello joseoliveira

Check if intra-plant view of stock/requirements list helps - blog Improvements for MRP areas in S/4HANA – Intra-Plant View

Still I think your usage of MRP areas is flawed as your requirements are contradictory - on one hand side you want to plan storage locations separately with MRP areas, on the other you want to see them together to "optimize"