cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Global Employees (MGE) (Intermediate / Complex Question)

former_member415661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of questions I wasn't sure if anyone knew or have implemented as such. As of right now, we know that the MGE functionality will allow a person to have more than one PERNRs due to the connectivity of the CP object / infotype 709.

Scenario #1

John Doe was hired into as a US employee with PERNR 100 and PERSON ID 1100. He goes on international assignment to UK and during the planning for assignment, he received a new PERNR 200 and PERSON ID still remain the same. It completes his UK assignment and return home and his US PERNR 100 was re-activated. PERNR 200 is now in withdrawn status. Two months later, he need to go on assignment back to UK.

My question is

1) In this second round he goes back to UK is it "required" he receives a new PERNR (i.e., 300), or can he re-activate PERNR he had previous in withdrawn status? If so, HOW?

Scenario #2

Let say in previous scenario he does not need to go on assignment back to UK, but a country re-assignment.

My Question Is

1) In the case of country reassgnment, can we re-active / re-hire him into PERNR 200 or is it required he receives a new PERNR (i.e.: 300)

Scenario #3

Jane Smith was hired intn as a US employee with PERNR 500 and PERSON ID 1500. She was then country re-assigned to Singapore. As the result, PERNR 500 was a transfer out (withdrawn status) and a new PERNR for Singapore was created with transfer in (active - PERNR 600). Six months later, she decided to move back to US due to missing her family.

My Question Is

1) When she returns back to US as a country re-assignment, can we re-active / re-hire her into PERNR 500? Or is it required she receives a new PERNR (i.e. PERNR 700)? Does this mean for each country re-assignment a new PERNR is required regardless if the person had a PERNR previously in that country?

The reason for asking these questions was we had an issue with RPUFIXDIS and error message data inconsistency. In one of the ASUG conference, a SAP rep told us we are supposed to re-use PERNR. We should not have more than one PERNR per country in these situations. I am struggling to get the system setup to meet that and wanted to see if I am chasing an invalid answer.

Your assistance much appreciated.

KN

Edited by: Kevin Nguyen-Tu on Aug 10, 2010 2:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member415661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of questions I wasn't sure if anyone knew or have implemented as such. As of right now, we know that the MGE functionality will allow a person to have more than one PERNRs due to the connectivity of the CP object / infotype 709.

Scenario #1

John Doe was hired into as a US employee with PERNR 100 and PERSON ID 1100. He goes on international assignment to UK and during the planning for assignment, he received a new PERNR 200 and PERSON ID still remain the same. It completes his UK assignment and return home and his US PERNR 100 was re-activated. PERNR 200 is now in withdrawn status. Two months later, he need to go on assignment back to UK.

My question is

1) In this second round he goes back to UK is it "required" he receives a new PERNR (i.e., 300), or can he re-activate PERNR he had previous in withdrawn status? If so, HOW?

Scenario #2

Let say in previous scenario he does not need to go on assignment back to UK, but a country re-assignment.

My Question Is

1) In the case of country reassgnment, can we re-active / re-hire him into PERNR 200 or is it required he receives a new PERNR (i.e. 300).

Edited by: Kevin Nguyen-Tu on Aug 10, 2010 2:16 PM

former_member415661
Participant
0 Kudos

Scenario #3

Jane Smith was hired intn as a US employee with PERNR 500 and PERSON ID 1500. She was then country re-assigned to Singapore. As the result, PERNR 500 was a transfer out (withdrawn status) and a new PERNR for Singapore was created with transfer in (active - PERNR 600). Six months later, she decided to move back to US due to missing her family.

My Question Is

1) When she returns back to US as a country re-assignment, can we re-active / re-hire her into PERNR 500? Or is it required she receives a new PERNR (i.e. PERNR 700)? Does this mean for each country re-assignment a new PERNR is required regardless if the person had a PERNR previously in that country?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please see below for the answers -

Scenario #1 Answer

-

the same PERNR 200 can be used for his 2nd assignment to UK.

Please see SAP Note 1397959 - Re-sending global employee into same country. This note describes in detail the process and Action to be run to resend the expat into the country where he had already been by re-using the previous PERNR.

Scenario#2 Answer

1) In the case of country reassignment, can we re-active / re-hire him into PERNR 200 or is it required he receives a new PERNR (i.e. 300).

-

for country re-assignment too, he can re-use the same PERNR 200.

Scenario #3 Answer

-

Similar to scenario # 2, here also the same previous PERNR 500 can be reactivated.

We are using the similar process for country reassignment / transfer to other countries as per Note 1397959.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Madhu

Answers (0)