cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking a Plan Version for a Single Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our business; we plan the cost to projects using CJ40 and we do this for multiple Plan Versions. One such version is called / used as "Baseline". And we want to lock this version on a project to project basis. Does anyone comeacross a similar request or know how this can be achieved? We would prefer if this can be achieved in a standard manner; but if not please let us know about the custom approach.

We know that we can put planning lock in project & at version level. Both these options are not helpful as a lock at project level prevent the planning on versions other than "Baseline" and a lock at version level will prevent planning for new projects.

Regards

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think there is no standard way you can lock the version. I would suggest to use the 'authorization object'(K_KEPL_VER) to control the access for planning in planned version. If we control the access and keep it with only key persons in the organization, we can make sure that baseline version is not changed.

Regards,

Mahendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that this Baseline Version will be used as a reference to compare values that change as the project progresses? I assume that this baseline version is taken once the initial planning is done on a project that is newly created. Correct me if i am wrong.

If this is the requirement, you can achieve this in the standard way itself by creating a project version which will act as a snapshot and contain the values from the initial planning. These values can later be compared in the standard reports itself. You can even have a nomenclature for these project versions. For e.g. Lets assume that you create a new project and do the initial planning. There are no actual costs posted at this moment. You can take a project version at this instance and call it as the Original Version. Then, as and when you post some actual costs and if there is some change in the planning you can take another version after the month end cycle and call this as the Forecast version.

Based on this you can also devlop a custom report to compare the values for the original version and the forecast versions.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra & Gokul for your response.

Gokul; your assumption is correct. We use a BAS (Baseline) version for planning and we want to freeze it once the project is baselined; meaning the controllers do not want this number for that project to change. Now from technical perspective i agree with your approach of copying this in to project version and using that for reporting. It is just that we already use quite a few CO planning versions and introducing the project version will be an addition to user responsibilty from a maintenance stand point. More over they are looking for a simple lock functionality (one or two click ) that they can put on this planning version per projects.

Mahendra:- this seems to be the alternative now though we would need a restrain from business users to strictly adhere to process.

Thanks again.

regards

Sreekanth