cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Inventory upload

former_member418595
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I need to upload initial inventory using MB1C and Mov. Type 561 informing the value from my legacy system. To avoid SAP post in PRD-PRA account the variation I want to replace the account by my BSX account. This way the variation would be posted against my inventory account. But SAP does not let me change. I would like to ear your opinion on how can I do this? It is not acceptable to have variations in initial inventory. All values must be in my inventory account.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you change the account by my BSX account, the situation that the stock amount of MM and FI don’t match will occurs.

Because SAP need the account for gain and loss account as PRD-PRA transaction key.

So,  I think that it is impossible to change it.

Generally, initial inventory stocks are upload using the previous month of open date.

In case of materials with moving price, we upload both the quantity and the amount of inventory to avoid price difference.

In case of materials with standard price  and material ledger’s activation,  we upload only the quantity of inventory and generate the document with difference amount between legacy actual amount and SAP standard stock amount using t-code mr22 and transfer the difference amount into stock amount using material ledger closing(t-code:CKMLCP).

former_member418595
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi..

I agree with you. I activate Material Ledger to attend Legal Requirement in Brazil but in both situation you present me there will be postings in accounts that not represent inventory account in Balance Sheet. I need to have the correct posting in this account to not cause inconsistency between legacy and SAP. I already tested these kind of postings but we need to have the correct value in Inventory. Do you know any other option?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

We migrated legacy stock’s qty and amount into sap as below procedure.

In case of standard price,

1. Upload only qty using movement 561.

DR) Stock  xxxxx       CR) Initial balance account  xxxxx  
2. Generate FI document for the difference between legacy's amount and SAP’s amount using t-code MR22

DR) PRD  account xxxx   CR) UMB account xxxxx

3. Execute material ledger closing

DR) Stock xxxx              CR) PRY account xxxxx(This amount is equal to PRD account’s amount.)

4. Generate FI document to clear UMB’s amount using t-code FB50 or F-02.
   DR) UMB account xxxxx     CR) Initial balance account xxxxxxx

In case of moving average.

1. Upload both qty and amount using movement 561

DR) Stock   xxxxx       CR) Initial balance account  xxxxx  

2. If you have the difference between legacy's amount and SAP’s amount,

you generate FI document for it using t-code MR22

DR) Stock   xxxx   CR) UMB accountxxxxx
3. Generate FI document to clear UMB’s amount using t-code FB50 or F-02.

DR) UMB account xxxxx     CR) Initial balance account xxxxxxx

Answers (0)