Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a default output device for FAX outputs

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Business requires to set a default output device for fax outputs ( Medium as 2 Fax medium ).

as fas as print output ( medium as 1 print medium ) is considered we can maintain output device in condition record--> communication

I tried maintaining output device in VP01 for my condition type based on sales org but it did not worked.

Can you please suggest ways to achieve default output device for fax outputs.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena for your inputs.

we are in process of discussing a custom solution with ABAP team.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, obvious solution would be to either update user profiles or change the output from 'process immediately' to 'process by a background job'. Then create a generic user ID with any fax number desired and use that user ID to process the output through the background job.

This is not really an SD question, so if this simple option doesn't work for you, I'd suggest to discuss other custom solution with your ABAP / Basis team.

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Output for fax uses the fax machine mentioned in the user profile settings ( su01 ) and faxes are sent out from that no. we would like to enforce only one single fax machine across all users instead of individual fax machines mentioned in the user profile settings.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no device required or necessary for medium = 2 (Fax). If you select this medium and hit Communication button you'll see that there is no field for output device. There should be only one fax connection out of SAP, so whoever made such requirement must have been misinformed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Shakeer,

Can you please tell, at which level you want to set a default output device as Fax.

You want on Order confirmation, delivery, invoice etc on which level or at general?

Regards,

Nouman

shakeer_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

At sales order confirmation level