cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a new company code to several G/L accounts in batch?

PatrickBao
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. In "Manage G/L Account Master Data" app, select a g/l account.

2. Click the "Edit" button, and add the company code in "Company Code Assignment" section.

But there are more than 1300 G/L accounts, how to assign a new company code to several G/L accounts in batch?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PatrickBao
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can use "Manage G/L Account Master Data" app to mass copy the G/L accounts between company codes.

Firstly, change the "View" drop-down box from "Chart of Accounts View" to "Company Code View".

Secondly, Multiple select the expected G/L accounts and then click "Copy to Company Code" button.

Finally, enter the new company code and click "Copy" button.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member132363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there were a few questions in the past about the configuration extension to the new company code.

The relevant standard content including predeliverd G/L accounts are extended from the reference used in the org structure app.

Any additional accounts created manually outside of predelivered content will not be extended in the process.

You need to check and extend or change the company code relevant data for all the accounts needed in the new company code.

I hope this answered your question! If it did, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so I can continue learning and answering questions in the community.