cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How limit the list of characteristic in S/4HANA ?

xv2323
Explorer
0 Kudos

In SAP ERP Retail/Fashion, when creating a generic article, a material group is associated to restrict the list of characteristics.

Will this link still exist in S/4HANA?

If not, how to limit the list of characteristics in order to not have the complete list?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

it might be worth reading Pauls Blog on this: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/11/09/generic-article-and-variants/

Regards
Tobias

xv2323
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the link.

If I understand correctly, the characteristics profiles assigned to the categories of merchandise, which allow to limit the choices of characteristics for the creation of variants, will be replaced by the configuration classes. On the other hand, these configuration classes will not be assigned to a category of merchandise to give users the free choice to use all the classes of configurations and characteristics in the system.

So I come back to my second question, is it possible to restrict this list of configuration class and/or characteristics to a category of merchandise ? The creation of characteristic and configuration class can very quickly become substantial, and to find your way quickly it would be wise to be able to restrict the choice of configuration classes/characteristics according to a category of merchandise.

Thanks