cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Receipt Entered Against Closed Purchase ORder

yseidy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts! Our head buyer closed a PO, all items were marked delivered, and yet this week someone was able to enter a good receipt against that purchase order. Any idea why that is and whether that should be allowed? thanks so much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor

The delivery complete indicator does not prevent folks from creating goods receipts against a Purchase Order by default. This is a common misconception around it.

Take a look at this question I posted recently: https://answers.sap.com/questions/13499636/close-the-po-match-the-po-qty-or-implement-enhance.html

Also read this blog to get the behavior you're expecting https://blogs.sap.com/2009/12/31/delivery-complete-indicator-of-po-and-goods-receipt/

yseidy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, Oscar. That was very informative. One follow up question - does it not matter that the PO has been final invoiced?

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the goods receipt will be stopped if the PO has been set as final invoiced, but I haven't tried that out in my system.

Since the delivery complete indicator doesn't impact the GRs, I'm assuming the final invoice won't affect it either.

"Closing" Po's is quite confusing for folks, plenty of people think they're "closing" them, but don't really know what "Closing" means! It's quite common, because the indicator is quite confusing !

Please close the thread if your question is answered.

robin_mcrae2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

There's a setting in MIGO - Options -- Default value -- the second checkbox on the left "mark all items or define or propose all items" I don`t have access to SAP in English at the moment so I'm guessing at the translation. Long story short, that check box will pull all items into the screen. It could be to allow for GR without bothering the buyer. That's the door. It could make sense in certain scenarios.

Regards,

Robin McRae