Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Search - Change Own Data---> ASSERTION_FAILED error

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on ECC6 (Ehp 2) & EP7 using ESS1.0

I got the above error while trying to use the COD service.. upon research, I found out that, the ASSERT fails due to an inconsistent combination of Usecase & Time Constraint for Infotype 0032.

In our system, we have 0032 set up with a TC 1.

This service is apparently not using the delivered/custom settings in T7XSSPERSUBTYPE as the values are HARDCODED inside the function module HRXSS_COD_READ. For infotype 0032, the usecase is set as a B2. In the CHECK_USECASE_WITH_CONSTRAINT Method of the Class CL_HRPA_PERNR_INFTY_XSS, the ASSERT for a B2 usecase is set to true only if the TimeConstraint is a 2.

As said earlier our 0032 is set with TC1, causing the ASSERT condition to FAIL. We cannot change the Time Constraint on 0032 for Business reasons. Unfortunately the usecase also, cannot be changed as it is HARDCODED by SAP.

Has anyone been through the above situation? I would appreciate if you can share your experience/solution.

I did open an OSS message & will update this post with their response.

~Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have eventually managed to convince SAP into releasing the OSS Note 1223687 to fix this issue.

~Suresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following is SAP's reply against my OSS Msg..

Now you have two options:
1) Change the time constraint to 2 ->(recommended setting)
2) Make changes in the code ->review note 1011965 (not recommended & will be considered as modification)

Still can't figure out what made them hardcode the values..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got this exact problem.

Can you explain how to change the time constraint please?

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SM31--> V_T582A

This is pretty Std stuff.. your Bus. Analyst should be doing it as, the TC is driven by your Bus. needs.. ie how you want to maintain 0032..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The time constraint is set to 2 already and I'm still getting the ASSERTION_FAILED error.

Do you have any idea what else could cause it?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh wow! I have not seen that.....and you actually see it in the code as hardcoded no less? that is odd. Musta slipped by them in code review. The OSS request should get them on it. I will check our class too now. Thanks.