cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

we have some complex compensation plans which are based on 4 dimensional matrices,

for example

we have a bonus plan which is based on i.corporate performance ii.org unit performance(respective country) iii. personal performance iv. eligible earnings which are different for each employee

so the standard functionality does not support all these dimensions except for personal performance(appraisal)

i felt instead of going for addiitional development of BAdis for these dimensions, i thought we can instead create Z tables which will hold the values of the above mentioned dimensions and create one BADI for the guideline

in which writing the custom program to look the employee, find his org unit ratings,per performance, corp performance and his eligible earnings and default his bonus amount accordingly.

so the basic question is can we just create the BADI for the guideline and avoid all the other tables which the standard guideline looks into like T71ADM22, T71ADM33 ETC.

any opinion is welcome and awarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The BAdI definition HRECM00_GUIDELINE fits your scenario. Implement this BAdI in SE19 & put your code in the Method EVALUATE_GUIDELINE. This Method is actually meant to replace the Std guideline evaluation completely. I agree with you in toto.. there is no need to maintain the Std config tables if you don't intend to use them. In fact the BAdI Documentaion itself mentions of an example scenario where a guideline based on more than three matrix dimensions should be set up. You should not be having any issue with your above approach.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks suresh

i am concerned because if this will effect anywhere anyhow, i wanted an opinion on this

also this design of mine will be again analyzed by an sap expert, so not sure how they feel if standard tables are not used.

just to make sure

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. I see your concerns..But SAP will not be worried as long as you are putting the custom code in a BAdI.. I did a quick look up for the Tables in question & do not see any issue if you do not maintain them..

Good Luck with your implementation.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks suresh

finally i can get some peace during the weekend

thanks

Answers (0)