Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic texts to be converted to Arabic in smartforms

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Our clients in Middle East region, wants the Dynamic texts , also to be converted to ARABIC in Invoices in PDF.

Even the Customer name & address, to be converted to Arabic.

Please request anyone who might have worked on a similar kind of a situation.

Best Regards!

AL

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Arabic (I think it is Egyptian Arabic) installed in the system & setup (trans i18n) ?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Converted means, the program have to convert from (for ex.) English to Arabic ?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't work "on a similar kind of a situation", but some of your questions have been already asked many times in the forum and answered.

Concerning the automatic translation, anything in SAP ERP is automatically translated based on chosen language, provided that you install the language and you enter the translations for your custom Smart Forms. Arabic is one of these possible languages. Arabic has some peculiarities in Smart Forms (see the questions in the forum).

Concerning the customer address, if you enter it in the language of the customer country, only the country needs to be translated. If you want several versions of addresses, you can find details in the many questions and answers:

"customer" "address" in several languages site:sap.com
former_member299860
Participant

Sure and I am sorry Sandra. I was in fact looking for the comment button but could not find then.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra. I am checking the previously asked questions in the forum too.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

I think lucas.andrews would like to use SAP to automaticaly translate text to another language. This is not possible. Only dedicated software could do it (check deepl.com website).

What is possible is to print in your invoice the text in several language or in the language of the customer .. but you have to feel it manually in the invoice.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

frdric.girod Thanks for correcting me. So your answer is the right one (and also Raymond), there's no automatic translation on-the-fly API offered in ABAP. See software here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_machine_translation_applications or API offered by many Cloud platforms.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Don't expect SAP to translate full dynamic text, native SAP wont do that.

Did you already look for Web Services that allow text translation. From your programs you can consume some WWW services or after installation of some translator tools in your systems, consume those in a local Web Service.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Further information: For a SAP tool, look for SAP Translation Hub on Cloud Foundry,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time for answering.

The requirement was to convert dynamically (the business user maintains the text in English language) at the time of saving Invoice while it triggers the output. It was not possible.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Yes Arabic language is installed

Go to se63->Translation->r/3 enterprise->other long texts->forms and styles->SSF

Give the name of the form name..give the source(EN) and target language(AR) here..

Remember to select Translate to all languages in the general attributes of the smartform

0 Kudos

Did you already look for Web Services that allow text translation. Roblox Guides get-mobdrovip.com

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

That is correct. The user maintains certain text while generating the invoice which he wants to be converted to Arabic dynamically.

Is this possible?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Arabic language is installed