cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create client bom

0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the requirement to replace our existing boms with plant assignment with 'client boms' that have no plant assignment and are valid for all plants. I never did that before and I would be glad if somebody could share his experience if he/she ever did a migration like that.

Kind Regards

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatanaresh_yadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can create Group BOM for the materials required ,in CS01 don't give plant and this will be available in client level.

Use LSMW to create this and in LSMW don't give plant field.

Thanks,

Naresh.

0 Kudos

We have a migration program, so that would not be the problem. I only wonder how we could guarantee the mapping to the existing boms. We have around 490'000 boms (so a lot of them are the same with different plants) and if we change to client level - how does the mapping works?

venkatanaresh_yadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

My suggestion is down load the existing BOMs with the same template (using creating the download program or from tables ) which you are using for the migration program and Migrate as group BOM in this way we can eliminate human errors.

after creating group BOM you can MAP using CS07 (you can create LSMW or custom program for this)

Thanks,

Naresh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola

Please try/check with LSMW Standard Batch/Direct Input.

Object : 0030

Method : 0001

Program Name :  RCSBI010

Program Type : B

To create LSMW with above object, Please go through the below link for the guidance.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45119

Regards

Suresh.M