cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a credit memo for the discount amount and e-Invoice against the credit memo.

Andrews_Lucas
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, 

We have a scenario where, the business created a Sales order against a customer order in which they missed deducting the discount which the business had agreed earlier.

(Example - order quantity - 100 Nos, Price - 10000, Discount - 5% = 9500). Outbound delivery was create and invoiced. And also e-Invoice was also generate against the invoice. 

The business now wants to create a credit memo just for the discount amount and generate an e-Invoice against this credit memo. 

I am not sure as to how to go ahead with this scenario. Request some one to guide me on this particular scenario. 

Thanks in advance.

BR..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

umasaral
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To handle this scenario, follow these steps:

1. Create a Credit Memo:
Go to the credit memo creation screen in your ERP system.
Select the customer and reference the original sales order or invoice.

2. Enter Discount Amount:
Input the amount for the discount (e.g., 500 for a 5% discount on a 10,000 price).
Ensure that the credit memo reflects the discount as a negative amount.

3. Post the Credit Memo:
Review the details and post the credit memo to the customer’s account.

4. Generate e-Invoice:
After posting the credit memo, use the e-invoice generation feature in your system.
Select the credit memo you just created to generate the e-invoice.

5. Send e-Invoice:
Once the e-invoice is generated, send it to the customer as per your normal process.

6. Document the Process:
Keep records of the original sales order, invoice, credit memo, and e-invoice for future reference.

This approach allows you to correctly account for the discount while maintaining compliance with invoicing requirements.

Andrews_Lucas
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Umasaral, thanks for the response. Let me check and get back to you on this one.