Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost center not updating for internal order in FI line item

former_member219217
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a small query where when we are making a posting to internal order, the cost center assigned to internal order is not getting update in FI line item.

The internal order is a Real order and not Statistical and Cost center is filled in responsible cost center field in the internal order master.,

Can u pls suggest whether it is a Standard functionality or something is missing from our end.

Regards,

Ramnik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnik,

This is standard funtionality, cost center will not get defaulted from the IO master data for manual postings, you need to enter the cost center and IO both manually.

Regards,

Vikash

former_member219217
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Thanks for your reply.

But if we make statistical internal order and fill cost center in field" Actual posted cost ctr" then when we give internal order while passing a financial entry, the cost center is automatically populated from the internal order master.

Regards.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is standard behaviour. If you want to have this cost centre coming to the document, you should make a substitution (OKC9) ,reading the master data of the internal order, and putting responsible cost centre in the document.

Regards,

Eli

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is misconception tha the FI cost center field is filled when you give a internal order with responsible cost center.

If at all you need to be filled, then you need to write a substitution.

BTW, what is the reason you are expecting the cost center to be filled, as anyway, you are going to settle your IO to a cost center.

former_member219217
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually it was the users requirement to update the cost center from the internal order in FI line item that's why i asked it as cost center was not updating as per standard functionality.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnik,

You need to write a user exit with substitution.

The user requirement is not standard and I could not see any meaning in that.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Incase you wanna go for Substitution, I would suggest have IO number and CC number as same so that you can write substitution easliy

use field to field asisgnment in substitution and Map the IO No = CC No... However, it depends on what nomenclature you wanna have for IO

Br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramnik,

Field status of posting key and GL account set in optional.

Regards,

Babu.P

former_member219217
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Field Status for Cost center and internal order is already optional..