Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concept of Partner Functions maintanance in a Business Partner enviroment

kadudura
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can not find any info on the concept of how it is supposed to manage Parner functions in MM and SD (PY Payee, SH Ship-to) in a BP enviroment in S4HANA.

Do I need to create additional BPs (with dedicated BP Groupings) for the Partner Function, while i need separate Customer number only?

KR,

Konstantin

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello k.dudura.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Master Data" for this question, as Business Partners are Cross Master Data.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kadudura
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have found the answer in SNote 2757271 - How to create a Ship-to customer in SAP S/4HANA Cloud

It's either create separate Groupings or change Account Group after BP creation.

Multiple assignment can help to maintain single BP for multiple Customers, or evaluate the Multiple BP adress in SD functionality.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

banderson
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin ,

You can assign partner functions for example in the Sales and Distribution section of a Business Partner. This can be found once a Business Partner is extended to the customer role FLCU01. Within the Sales and Distribution tab you will see the Partner Function tab. Here you can enter the ID of a Business Partner (itself or a separate record) and designate it as one or more PFs to that respective Business Partner.

So for example if Business Partner A was its own Bill-to and Sold-to party then you can fill in this relevant information in the Partner Function tab, however if Business Partner A had an alternative Sold-to Party (Lets call it Business Partner B), then a record for Business Partner B would have to exist so that the assignment can take place with the Partner Function tab.

With regards to BP groupings, I am not sure on this front , but hopefully the above information has been helpful for you.

Is mise le meas,
Brad

kadudura
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you.

How to assign Partner functions is clear, it's well documented and also mentioned by biju.k in the previous reply.

The main question is "Do I have to create separate business partner grouping for Ship-to party" ?

As CVI Implies that one PB Grouping = Customer Account Group.

KR,

Konstantin

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use separate partner functions for vendor and customer- You can use below standard partner functions

For vendor

VN- Vendor

OA-Ordering address

GS- Goods Supplier

PI-Invoice presented by

For customer

SH Ship-to party

PY Payer

kadudura
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, not on the point.

Please read the question carefully one more time.