Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear accounting doc of invoice (A/R)

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to  cancel or delete invoices coming from sales order.  I tried to cancel an invoice from past year (2011) but the accounting doc is not created due to fiscal period not opened. Would anyone have any suggestions how to get the cancelled accounting document cleared ?

Is there any other process that can cancel invoice and clear accounting doc of  last year ?

thanks

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

You need to issue a credit memo to the customer and then you can clear the original invoice against this credit memo manually in F-32.

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Avinash,

There are a group of invoices that we need to clear the accounting doc for specific customers.

In F-32, Document Number option, i tried to enter invoice number or accounting doc number.

It did not take it.  Is there a place to put these info in F-32 ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

If you give the Customer number and select None in the additional selections, then you would be able to see all the open items for that customer (invoices as well as credit memos). You will have to then activate the credit memo and invoices that you are planning to clear and post.

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for your good suggestions.  I will have to try it out tomorrow.  Will let you know,

Joyce

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I prefer not to create credit memo.  So i went to F-32 , select none, double-click on invoices  to clear and save.  It created another doc 101519974.  In my aging report, all invoices are gone but the 101519974 appears for the total of all the invoices.  In F-32, it ask for Posting Key.  I used PK 15 and the cust account.  Did i do it correctly ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,you cannot clear the open invoices without any payment or posting credit memo.

For e.g. if you have 2 invoices for $100 and $200, you will have to post a credit memo for $ 300 if you no longer wish to accept payment from the customer. Then you would go to F-32, select the invoices for $100 & $200 and also the credit memo for $300--this would clear both invoices and credit memo and nothing would come on aging report. Also your AR balances will reduce by $300

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Avinash,

Creating the credit memo would remove the invoices but the finance folks say this affects the Profits.

Is this true ?  We will still have new invoices for this customer this year.

The other question is on this aging report, besides invoices, i have document like

1400565932 and 101519970.  How do i eliminate these documents ?

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

This doesn't affect Profit unless you are expecting the customer to make payment for those invoices. You were trying to cancel the original invoice but you were unable to do so due to closed period. This is just a different way of achieving the same results.

Any items posted on customer account and which is open will be considered for aging unless you have a custom logic to consider only certain document types.

Thanks,

Avinash

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thank you for all your replies and to Narasimhulu.

Joyce

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To post document into FI, Posting period should be in open status for respect account type.

Why you want to cancel the invoice generated in previous year? I think the auditing would have been already done and closed by this time.

You can raise a Credit memo for the same through VF03 in current period.

Cancelling in previous year is not suggestible. If the auditing is still pending, you can open the period 13 and adjust by canceling through VF11

Thanks

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhulu,

I need to clear the accounting doc as the old invoices (year 2011) still show up in our custom aging report.   I used VF11 to cancel it but the new acctg doc cannot be created due to past period.

I don't need to cancel past year invoices.  We don't use period 13.  Is it alright to use period 13 for this purpose ?

Thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

You would have already closed last fiscal year so you should not be making any changes there. You can post credit memo in the current period and then clear the open invoice against it. Thereafter, you will not see those invoices in your aging report.

Thanks,

Avinash