cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BYD] How to block Ship-to Location related 2408 Update in SAP Business Bydesign

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Support,

Could you please guide me on how to block a Ship-to Location?

With the 2408 update in ByDesign, a change was introduced titled "Create Stock Transfer Orders for Materials with Blocked Ship-To Locations." I would like to test this update on my system, but I am not sure how to set a Location to Blocked status.

Could you please provide a step-by-step guide on how to do this, including the specific Workcenter and View that should be used?

I need this answer for my customer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more about the SAP Support user and program here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear customer,

This new functionality provides some business flexibility for blocked Logistics Area for some customers.

Hence, there is no necessary to block a LOA if your business has no such request.

If you just want to test, you can follow the steps below to block a LoA.

1. Navigate to Supply Chain Design Master Data Work Center.
  2. Go to Location View.
  3. Select the Site you wish.
  4. Choose Edit Layout.
  5. Select the LOA which you wanted to block.
  6. Choose Change Status- Block.
  7. Choose Save.

Then the LOA would be blocked. 

For more information about Blocking status, please view SAP Help Portal: Logistics Areas

Best regards,

Gavan

SAP Technical Support, Public Cloud ERP

byd
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for your reply. Following your instructions, I blocked the status of the Ship-to Logistics Area and created a Stock Transfer Order. I was able to create the Stock Transfer Order and the subsequent Outbound Delivery, but I couldn't select the blocked Logistics Area when creating the Inbound Delivery. With the 2408 update, isn't it possible to perform a Stock Transfer to a blocked Logistics Area? I have an obligation to verify the details of this update and explain it to the customer. Could you please provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to verify the update, along with addressing the above question?
gavan_gu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear All,
gavan_gu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Sir/Madam, I have discussed the new feature with the development team. It is for the planning area in the Planning tab of the product master. In previous releases, if a blocked planning area was selected as the ship-to site/location, an error would prevent the user from creating a stock transfer order. However, in the 2408 release, this error has been changed to an alert. As a result, users can now create stock transfer orders even with a blocked planning area, allowing for greater business flexibility. Best regards, Gavan SAP Technical Support, Public Cloud ERP

Answers (0)