Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Number range

leon_cornelio1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have some queries with regards to approach of Business Partners number range for ECC to S4 system conversion.

Pre-Conversion

Example:

Vendor Number range : 10000 - 19999

Customer Number range: 10000 - 19999

Since the number range was the same for Vendor and Customer I could not keep the Business Partner number same for both.Since the Vendor base was much larger compared to Customer base, I kept Business Partners for Vendors Same as Vendors.

i.e. BP for vendor : 10000 - 19999

Vendor : 10000 -19999

BP for Customer: 30000 - 39999

Customer: 10000 - 19999

Post Converison:

Changed the BP number for Customer so that the Business Partner/Vendor/Customer have the same number

Example:

Vendor Number range : 10000 - 19999

Customer Number range: 10000 - 19999

BP for vendor : 10000 - 19999

Vendor : 10000 -19999

BP for Customer: 10000 - 19999

Customer: 10000 - 19999

Let me know if the approach is fine or not.

Thanks,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

leon_cornelio1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Enda.

leon_cornelio1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Enda,

Yes..we are converting to S$ HANA On premise from ECC.

The document does not mention anything as before or after but was wanting to know if there is a better way to handle this.

Thanks.

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leon ,

Thanks for the update . ive updated the Tags of the thread to include OnPrem also so it will reach more people that can share some insight as well

Enda

leon_cornelio1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Enda,

Thanks for the reply.

Just that the BP number for Customer has to be changed before and after conversion.

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leon ,

My understanding is your converting to S4HANA Cloud or are you are converting to S4HANA Onpremise / HEC / STE from ECC?

Do you have any SAP documentation / link where it say the changes have to be changed before / after so i can followup ?

Thank you

Enda

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leon

I checked in our reference Cloud Systems and the SSCUI 'Define Number Ranges' for Business Partners is the same as the customizing SPRO Node in ECC and S4 HANA.

I cant see anything wrong with having the vender , customer share the same number range apart from the fact as you mentioned there are more Vendor's so the number range could be exhausted quicker but in that cause you can simply extend the range

Best Regards

Enda