Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to author button is not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am using HCM process and flow.

There is a workflow to extend the contract of an employee.

I am using the standard task TS3370020 to send back the original form to the author when the approver clicks on back to author, it should ideally go back to the initiator. But in my case the initiator is not getting any work item in his business workplace(find the image below).

kindly let me know what am I missing.

Best regards,

Abdul Khadeer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor

I have used "Back to Author" a lot in HCM P&F, and it works quite well. I am assuming you did make sure it is set up in configuration correctly (several standard WF tasks still have some HCM P&F config you must do in the IMG...like back to author, forward to expert, etc). That said, your workflow there does look "odd" for what you are trying to do. As mentioned above, I don't get your "end of workflow" right in the middle of several of those branches....but in any event, it is moving to the next task....which should be your initiator picking it up to edit again (make sure you used the right task....not just the "edit" one.....and make sure the agent is set as your initiator.....and finally that you do have that initiator value in your workflow container and being passed (bound) to the step there.

keohanster
Active Contributor

Is that task stuck in process? Are there any warning messages related to the task?

How are you determining who the workflow initiator is?

Have you tried debugging the method through the BOR?

My personal preference is to use the Workflow Log with Technical Details, which you can set by choosing GoTo> Personal Workflow Settings. That gives you the ability to open up the little folder icon on the far left and expand to see warnings or error messages.

workflow-personal-settings.jpg

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide us with some more information? Who is getting the task or form after somebody clicks 'back to author'? Who gets the email notification in the prior step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Susan.

Usually an initiator will raise the request from a webdynpro(FPM) screen to extend his contract in the current organisation and the approver will receive the request to approve the request. Here the approver can either approve or reject or can click on back to author(Probably to suggest the initiator to edit the request and resend). Here exactly when the approver clicks on Back to author button the initiator should receive the work item into his business workplace. This is not happening in my case. The initiator is not getting any work item, the process is being stopped at pd form is edited.It should ideally go one step ahead i.e., to the next step send email notification(refer my screenshot in the question). This is my requirement.

Hope this clear, let me know if you still need any clarification. A valuable input to solve this issue will be helpful.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if a short dump occurred when the user clicks the back button, your workflow seems to be in waiting status.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Neither a Short dump occurred nor the status is in waiting.

The step I highlighted on the attached screen shot in the question has been successfully completed.

I just need to move to the next step.

Bets regards,

Abdul Khadeer.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that to happen you have to remove the end of workflow step.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans