Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve time correction: Shortdump/Exception CX_OS_DB_DELETE

Christian_Gaert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we are facing the above mentioned shortdumps, when a time correction is about to be approved by the manager.

Here are some details:

• WD-Application HRMSS_A_CICO_APPR
  • Manager clicks on "Approve"
  • Manager gets Runtime error
  • In addition to the runtime error: there is one update request with status "Error (no retry)" (transaction SM13)
  • Stack: please refer to attachment
  • Reason for termination: class CA_PT_REQ_HEADER, Method MAP_SAVE_TO_DATABASE: entries of internal table db_dtb_ptreq_header are supposed to be deleted in database table PTREQ_HEADER, but at least one is not found. Therefore sy-subrc is not equal 0, therefore exeption is raised. (Please also refer to attachment)
  • Internal table db_dtb_ptreq_header contains REQUEST_ID's that are not available in PTREQ_HEADER. The Request-ID's are not the "regular ones" (32 characters), but are PDSNR from table TEVEN.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and knows the solution? I don't find SAP notes for this shortdumps, so it is possible, that it has to do with customer coding/enhancements.

How come, the system wants to delete records from PTREQ_HEADER, when manager approves a time correction?

It may also have to do with the change of the request ID in PTREQ_HEADER: SAP now stores the TEVEN-PDSNR instead of generated 32-character GUID.

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

georg_fuhs
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, we have exactly the same errors. Up to 40 shortdumps a day after upgrade to HR 608, SP 0030 from 0023. The last 4 days no more dumps occured.

Christian_Gaert
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

it is reassuring to hear, that others have that problem as well. But strange, that obviously there is no solution / note from SAP.

Do you have an explanation, why the dumps stopped all of a sudden?

Thanks and best regards

Chris

georg_fuhs
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have really no idea. This error occurs since two years, five or six times a week. I am not able to reproduce the error. And, there is no error message from my customers.

Best regards

Georg

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

usually this is caused by some inconsistent records or customer enhancement can you check for which record this issue occurs? delete that record and check?

Christian_Gaert
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth, but unfortunately it is not only one record but it happens infrequent for many users. It seems as if the second time it always works.

It's very difficult to find the bug, because the runtime error occus in the function module "in update task", which means, that you don't see the complete stack.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes I did try to find any known notes for this, its very sporadic