Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Downpayment and TDS Related

Samudra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set the withholding tax, for Payment under the eTDS. I have also assigned the same in for BP. Now when i am making AP downpayment request, the TDS is not showing. But when I define the TDS under GST TDS rather eTDS, in the AP downpayment it shows up when i am invoicing.

I require to have the TDS under eTDS rather GST TDS

With Regrards,

Samudra Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note: 3288719 - IN_A/P Down Payment Requests Support eTDS.

kr,

Jitin

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without TDS is JE getting previewed. Are you using A/P Down Payment Request For Down Payment Invoice 

mathurifico
Explorer
0 Kudos

It seems like you are facing an issue with withholding tax (TDS) in SAP, specifically with eTDS configuration. Without having access to your specific SAP system and configuration, I can provide you with general guidance on troubleshooting and resolving such issues. Please note that the steps may vary slightly depending on your SAP version and configuration.

Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check eTDS Configuration:

• Ensure that eTDS is properly configured in your SAP system. Check the settings related to eTDS, including vendor master data, company code settings, and document types.
  2. Vendor Master Data:

• Verify that the vendor master data is correctly maintained, especially the withholding tax information for eTDS. Check the vendor master record to ensure that the eTDS details are properly assigned.
  3. Withholding Tax Code Assignment:

• Confirm that the withholding tax code you are using for eTDS is correctly assigned to the vendor and is applicable for down payment requests. You can check this in the vendor master data and the withholding tax code configuration.
  4. Document Type Configuration:

• Check the document type configuration for down payment requests. Ensure that the withholding tax information is allowed and correctly configured for the relevant document types.
  5. Check for Relevant SAP Notes:

• SAP regularly releases notes and corrections for known issues. Check the SAP Service Marketplace or SAP Notes for any relevant notes related to eTDS configuration or withholding tax issues.
  6. Customization and User Exits:

• If your SAP system has customizations or user exits related to withholding tax, review them to ensure they are not causing the issue. Sometimes, custom developments may impact standard functionality.
  7. Test in a Sandbox Environment:

• If possible, replicate the scenario in a sandbox or test environment. This allows you to experiment with configurations without affecting the production system.
  8. Consult SAP Documentation:

• Refer to the official SAP documentation for eTDS configuration and withholding tax. SAP provides detailed documentation that may offer insights into specific configuration steps.

If the issue persists after performing these checks, it may be beneficial to involve your SAP system administrator, SAP consultant, or SAP support for more in-depth analysis and resolution. They can review your specific system configuration and logs to identify the root cause of the problem.