Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
From EHP 7 onwards SAP offers a workflow based solution for release of payment proposal. This means that the payment proposal gets routed to a concerned approver before the payment run can be made. Unless the approval has been made, the payment run cannot be carried out.

Basically this involves implementation of the following SAP notes:

• 2418713 - F110 F111: Workflow-based release of payment proposal

• 2441804 - F110 F111: Workflow-based release of payment proposal (installation for SAP Note 2441805)

• 2441805 - F110 F111: Workflow-based release of payment proposal

The overall implementation is governed in by SAP note 2441770 - FI payment program: Workflow based release of payment proposal.

Below configuration is needed to have this working:

IMG path

Financial Accounting-Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable-Business Transactions-Outgoing Payments-Automatic Outgoing Payments-Payment Proposal Processing-Configuration:

The company code and the payment method for which a workflow based release has to be activated is defined here:

The agent for approval can be defined at combination company code and currency level.

The agent determination can happen based on Vendor, Accounting Clerk, Payment Method, Amount etc.

In the below example we have based it on Vendor Number which means approval for vendors falling in a certain range would be directed to a particular agent based on the set up made:

The system checks the conditions for agent determination in the order specified. Once a condition for the payments of a business partner is fulfilled, the system transfers this to the work package of the selected agent for the workflow.

Case Study

Open Items posted on a vendor

Carrying out a proposal run based on the above list:

Agent determination in the payment proposal:

Attempting to carry out the payment run before the acceptance/rejection run:

Inbox of the approver:

Approver can block or reject some items:

Blocking items in payment proposal:

Payment proposal after editing:

Confirming the payment proposal

Payment proposal after being edited by the approver:

Once confirmed, the person initiating the transaction does not have the option to change the proposal:

Payment Run:

Payment document posted:

Thus we see that workflow based approval of payment proposal restricts unauthorized changes to the payment proposal during processing and restricts payment run before the workflow is completed.
26 Comments
ranjithreddy_b
Explorer
0 Kudos
Nice Document Harsha,

Regards,

Ranjith
parksons1
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear Harsha,

You have shared very good information. We have similar requirement. I have configured and activated workflow at company code level and executed F110 with payment proposal. In this step system gave below message.

Link to the event is deactivated

Message no. WZ165

Diagnosis

The linkage between the triggering event and the task has not been activated.

Procedure

When the triggering event is activated, the linkage is entered in the table automatically.

Goto the definition of the corresponding task and activate the event linkage from there.

Now we are migrating to S/4 HANA 1809 version.

Can you please tell me is there missing any step? I will be waiting your reply.

Thanks & Regards

Amar

0 Kudos
Dear Harsha,

According to note 2712448 the existing workflow in ECC for the approval of the payment proposal will not work for S/4HANA with the FIORI-apps F0770 / F0771.

In my humble opinion SAP should make a workflow to make it possible in the 1809 release, to work with a functional similar workflow.

Kind regards,  Gerard Jonker
former_member190954
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha,

thanks for the informative blog. I have a requirement to issue notifications if a payment proposal is being made to a certain country (risky countries).

Is it possible to issue workflow only if payments to certain countries are in the proposal?

I checked the BADI FI_PAYMENT_PROPOSAL_WF and the method CHECK_WF_ACTIVE but it works only with the same basic parameters as the customizing (LAUFI, LAUFD, ZWELS), not really with REGUP or REGUH.

Also I tried to customize some rules and when I issue a proposal that fit to no rule, some dummy package 9999999999 is assigned. So not really an option to skip the whole workflow.

Thanks for any hints.

Regards,

Ondrej ZATOPEK
former_member599057
Participant
0 Kudos
Dear Harsha,

Thanks for your articles, very helpful
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha,

Can this be done with the core licence ? or Do we need to buy any new licence to use this?

Thanks

Naja
João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Dear Naja,

You don’t need to buy a new license, you can build and use anytime.
João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Dear Harsha Baid,

Can we select to block or to unblock many items without enter one to one?

Joao Paulo Almeida
sapficouser
Explorer
Hi Folks,

Does anyone else have an issue where once the payment proposal is approved, WF-BATCH schedules and executes the payment run in background? Any way we can prevent this from happening ?

thanks,

Kalana
bhaskar_basam
Contributor
Hi Harsha

I'm getting below message while running the payment proposal log.

Please let me know which event we need activate in SWE2

Regards

Bhaskar
karla_mojarro
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Bhaskar,

Did you find the event to active in SWE2?

Regards.
jose_grela
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

We have the same issue. Any solution?
bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos
Can you please let me know which Business object and event do i need to active the workflow
former_member644251
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the informative and concise blog.

I was able to successfully implement one step approval for Payment Proposals by implementing the sap notes.

However, we have the requirement of 2-step approval for payment proposals.

Do you have any insights as to how we can achieve that?
sapficouser
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Jose,

The note 2441805 mentions the use of BAdI FI_PAYMENT_PROPOSAL_WF to influence the way the workflow executes the payment run in the background.

thanks,

Kalana
sapficouser
Explorer
0 Kudos
A workaround for a 2nd step of the approval is restricting authorization to subset of users who can execute the payment run. Basis should be able to assist you here.
kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha

In above solution, Can we configure multi level approval hierarchy OR Approval can be done by one approver only ? In this solution, WF is triggered on Proposal. Please confirm if my understanding is correct ?

Regards

Kapil
durgaprasanth_vemula
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Harisha,

In above your solution can we configure the below requirement in S/4 Hana 1909.

• Payment approver needs to receive an email notification when there is a proposal for approval

• The link will need to specify the date/time by which the payment run needs to be approved.

• We will need to consider a repeat notification if one or both of the approvers do not approve the payment run the first time.

• If payment is rejected, a repeat notification link will be sent to the approver after the queries/clarifications are resolved so that the approver not approving this payment run the first time knows that the queries/clarifications are resolved.

Thanks

varunsahlot123
Explorer
0 Kudos
Had the same error message in Payment proposal log

Solution: Enable event and linkage for CL_PAYMENT_PROPOSAL in SWE2
adnanmaqbool
Contributor
Hi

Any solution for multi approvers. Configuration is showing option to add multiple approvers but once first approver is confirming the package, workflow is getting completed.

Will be appreciated, if blog can be extended for multi approver option.
bikash
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

In my case, after the proposals are approved, the workflow is not completing. Any idea what could be the reason?
aotto
Participant
0 Kudos
If the Link to the event is deactivated and you cannot find the CL_PAYMENT_PROPOSAL in SWE2, then activate the link first in t-code PFTC > WS Workflow Template > 23200018:

Afterwards you will see CL_PAYMENT_PROPOSAL in SWE2
phanig9
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha,

I have created the similar set up and activated Event Linkage. The work items are reaching to the approvers inbox and they were able to approve.

The issue we are facing is when we mention a specific approvers for different range of amount, the work item is being sent to all of them without considering the range mentioned.

It seems, in the above example the range is mentioned based on approvers.

Can you please let me know if anything is missed with respect to the range.

Thanks & Regards.
vijay_rajendranm
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha,

Thanks a lot. Nice and useful document.

I configured the workflow based on amount, but system not triggerring WF to agent based on amount set for each agant.

Example:

INR 1 to 9999          - Agent 1

INT 10000 to 99999 - Agent2

But WF always triggering to Agent 1. Can you explain how to achieve above requirement ?

BR

L.Ananthakrishnan

hassan_askari
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha,

Thanks a lot. Nice and useful document.

During payment proposal my workflow is working properly but i am unable to trigger the notification to approver. Agent name is also not coming while i have configured it properly.

gradicopoulos
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Harsha,

I have already implement the BCM Functionality and i would like to trigger workflow during the Payment Proposal and not during Payment Run.

Do you know if i have any chance through BADI or other functionality?

Thanks in advance

George

Labels in this area